1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's keeping you awake at night?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GlassWalls, Dec 17, 2017.

1. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anxiety and doubt. This semester has been rough on me mentally. I've had a much more intense workload than before with my classes and I'm slowly losing motivation to keep up with college. I've become less passionate then I was before about my major and doubts on if college is really worth it are starting to seep in. I want to get more motivation and go back to being as passionate about my major, my job, and school in general like I used to be.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    College is worth it. No matter what major or GPA someone has, more career opportunities are available to them with the degree. There are tons of jobs that put a degree as a requirement just as a way to reduce the number of applicants, so having one in anything opens those jobs to you. A degree in anything also would allow you to go back for a Masters in the future if you find another subject you really like and want to work in, but that wouldn't be an option without a degree.

What are you majoring in?

3. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think deep down that I do realize that getting that college degree will be worth it but sometimes I just have some doubts and lose some motivation. My major is Japanese. I've been studying it since Freshman year of High School (almost done with my 6th academic year learning it) and while I am definitely making good progress, I'm losing passion in it. My classmates and my best friend do inspire me to continue with it and I want to remain passionate about it but for some reason recently, I just haven't had as much passion for it as I used to.

4. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a great major, you could probably easily get a job working for a business that works with Japanese companies (and there are tons). Working for government organizations like the United Nations as an interpreter is possible too, or even a more simple interpreting job like translating books from English into Japanese so they can be sold there too.

5. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My maturita exams next month. Not sure how does it work elsewhere but basically it's the final exam of High school, divided into few smaller exams that quickly follow each other, and it requires a ton of preparation. I'm really stressed that I will fail it, thus forced to repeat it and reducing my chances for applying to a good university next year. The school gave us a plenty of free days this month so we have time to study at home, but I'm not sure it actually helps me. And I think I'm starting to have nightmares at night that cause me to wake up sooner and act like a zombie next day. Last night I slept about 5 hours even though I have no school today. I know that I'm making a good progress with the preparation but the stress is still there and working against me.

6. Dark soul

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nice question, I have anxiety, depresion, trust issues and low self esteem, so I guess what is keeping me awake at Night, is the fact that I am trying my best to survive this life but I want to live it, not just survive it.

7. TheFox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The well known to most people: "What the f*** am I doing with my life?!" ... :expressionless: I had a few good months but it just seems like my life is not going anywhere no matter how hard I try and I'm so tired all the time. This is keeping me up at night ... and past regrets.