1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a Good Antivirus?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by twospiritlycan, Nov 26, 2013.

1. AAASAS

Apple is the company that makes Mac, that is like saying it's not Microsoft it's Windows.

They're both the same thing.

I wouldn't correct someone for saying that are on a Microsoft OS, if they used Windows.
    Of course it's Windows, MICROSOFT ONLY MAKES WINDOWS.

You use a Mac, that is Apple's ONLY OS, therefore an Apple computer automatically runs on Mac. It's rhetoric, goes with out saying, and that's all.

A Chevrolet Cruze can be called a Chevrolet, it is made by that company, it doesn't need it's own designation as a Cruze.

Did I really need to ad in the noun computer after using the word Apple to not confuse you, or do you just enjoy correcting people, even if they're right. :eusa_clap

The debate is a bit pointless, but I do think Linux needs more credit due. Especially when it is free, and they're the only OS that actually gives people in more countries the ability to use a computer.

I have just never liked Apple, and am a bit of a computer nerd, so I just have a bit stronger of an opinion than others. I couldn't do a lot of the stuff I do on the computer on an Apple, I could do it all on a Linux or Microsoft computer but not on an Apple, programs just don't work.

I don't 100% trust Antivirus programs as they have never yielded me results, the only time I ever noticed a change was when I went from a Microsoft platform(Windows 7) to a Linux Platform (Ubuntu 13.00 or something).

Ubuntu wastes my laptop battery, and doesn't process in some of my Microsoft based programs as fast, but it lets me do everything I could do on a Microsoft computer, and for free. An apple computer can't compete with free, and more flexible.

Linux is virus free basically, so you never have to worry, we're only 1% of computer users so it's not worth making a virus based on that platform. Also Linux doesn't really earn an income that is ridiculous, so no one really has a vendetta around them. Ex-microsoft employees have plenty of reason to be upset with the company, they create viruses.

#21 AAASAS, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  2. Eevar

I agree that SOME of the Linux platforms are very underrated, and that Macs are not worth the paper they are designed on. Windows does have its advantages over Linux in some regards though, especially when it comes to games. Hopefully this will change with the Steam OS though, and even an avid gamer like myself will be able to upgrade to to a Unix based OS. I have tried dual booting between them, but as I play games more than anything else on my machine, the Linux OS turned out to be a waste of space.

My favourite Linux OS is SUSE, but its not free, and Fedora was pretty good until I "upgraded" my sound card. Ubuntu used to be great until 8.04, after that it started to become a little too much of a resource hog for my liking.

(Also...there are viruses for Linux...last I heard there were 3, all of which were patched out like 20 years ago. Even if there were more viruses for Linux, you still wouldn't really need an anti-virus as the contributor community is massive, things tend to get noticed and fixed pretty quickly. It's also more difficult to write a virus for Linux, as there isn't a strict process on how things are done. 2 computers doing the same job can have very different file systems and programs, making the virus almost useless as it effects even less than the current small percentage of Linux machines).

3. OK - I don't get this

am I the only person in the freaking world that nothing ever works for?

I tried antimalware bytes again - this is the third time I tried, it happened again

and I know this time I did download the free version

it did it again to me, it is insisting I pay for it due to the trial expiring WTF- if it is free why the heel do you have to pay for the crappy thing??!!

why do people lie!

I despise lairs!

if it is NOT FREE don't damned well call it free and I won't download or try it! jerks!

4. Eevar

OK - I don't get this

am I the only person in the freaking world that nothing ever works for?

I tried antimalware bytes again - this is the third time I tried, it happened again

and I know this time I did download the free version

it did it again to me, it is insisting I pay for it due to the trial expiring WTF- if it is free why the heel do you have to pay for the crappy thing??!!

why do people lie!

I despise lairs!

if it is NOT FREE don't damned well call it free and I won't download or try it! jerks!

[/QUOTE]

It IS free. I have just now downloaded and installed it to check. You didn't uncheck the box at the end saying "Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO". (There are 3, that 1 is the top one, the other 2 are Enable and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-malware respectively).

5. suninthesky

I like AVG, I haven't had any problems with it.

6. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

eset or kaspersky