1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Would Your Funeral Be Like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Recycle me - Use my organs.

Other than that, I prefer no funeral at all : Funerals are for the living.

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2014 at 09:20 PM ----------

Recycle me - Use my organs.

Other than that, I prefer no funeral at all : Funerals are for the living.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never thought about this before, but I am now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

-Very simple
    -People can wear whatever they
    -I haven't thought about burial vs cremated. I guess it depends on what's cheapest/easier/who I put in charge of it. Also I never understood the point of getting really expensive tombstones, caskets etc
    -Anyone can go, unless I meet someone I really hate later in life :lol:
    -Songs:Just Breathe, Let It Be, Closing Time etc...

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want all of the women that ever dated me to show up crying and say how much they love and miss me. Then I want one of them to grab the casket and cry all over it. If I have a wife she should be all over the casket. That will make me happy.:slight_smile:
    I want water works damn it:tantrum:

4. cuppycake

That, plus drinks and music. Party in the house, yeah! And I'll give all the people who hurt me a scary letter or something before I die, so they'll know that I will supposedly haunt them and curse them with bad luck for the rest of their lives. I ain't no poltergeist, but I would love to make them paranoid :з

Also, this. Except for the girlfriend I would currently have when I die. I don't want her to cry, I want her to be happy and just live her life.

5. Vaettfang

[YOUTUBE]GZb-YlZduro[/YOUTUBE]

6. PurpleGrey

I don't know, I'll be dead by then.

Maybe, once my usable organs are harvested, I have the thing in a big, gloomy cathedral with this unknown bombshell in the pews with absolutely zero explanation. Let the crazy rumors spread like wildfire! Lovely.

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Just cremate me. I kinda don't like the idea of people staring at my dead body.

8. Stripe101

I want three really sad clowns to show up and not say anything but pay their respects and leave in a tiny car.

9. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

it'd be like,

sure, cool. im dead

yeah

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love this thread. <3

No funeral for me. When I die I want a small group of relatives and friends (or children and my partner, or just my friends, maybe just my siblings and mother, ultimately this depends on when the big scene occurs and where I am in life at the time...) to gather quietly at my dream house, for a quiet evening of memories. They'll drink tea, eat homemade macaroni and cheese, wear comfy clothes, and share their memories of me while going through old photos together. I'd rather they not cry, but ultimately I won't have control.

Honestly I feel funerals are a silly tradition where dramatic exaggeration runs rampant. Sure, when something like death happens it jilts everyone, but maybe I just feel this way because of the clustercuss that is most funerals I've seen or attended.

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Not too worried about it, my main preference is just that my online friends find out in some way and get some amount of closure opposed to me just disappearing.

12. Vampire

Party. Jokes. Everyone laughing. I hate sad funerals.

13. SeaSalt

Take anything people need from my body then burn me on a pyre while Light of Aidan plays on the bagpipes.

14. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    tardis casket would be fine either! lol :grin:

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've thought about this, more than I probably should have, but death is something that has been on my mind, for quite a while. I don't know whether that is life, telling me to be prepared, or if it is just one of those passing phases of thought and reflection.

That said...

It kind of depends, on where I'm at in life. If died today, I'd probably be content with a funeral, with some stand-up comedians cracking jokes, and roasting anybody who came. Hell, I'd want my dead body with a party blower in it's mouth! In fact, I'd want my body rigged up, so when the comedian got a certain point, they'd say, "I'm serious..."

And my body pops up, with a sign that says, "DEAD fucking SERIOUS". Call it macabre, or even ghastly, but I couldn't resist making one last pun. Not even death is going to stop that.

If I was some kind of dictator, I'd want a week long celebration. Parties, drinking, smoking and toking, good times. I'd want my image, plastered on street corners, with the caption, underneath of me, to read: "Get plastered!" Again, not even death is going to stop me, from making one last corny pun.

16. thesharkamander

I'd love to have my ashes mixed into fireworks and then have a memorial display with them. Talk about going out with a bang. :grin:

17. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Everyone would gather around and celebrate my life, waiting till midnight when my corpse get's launched directly into the sun.

18. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I intend to plan and pay for my funeral within the next year or two to save anyone else the grief or hassle. Arranging another persons funeral is excruciatingly painful... been there!

For me, it will be an Anglican service followed by cremation and scattering of ashes in the hills. If promession becomes widely available in the UK, I'll opt for that over cremation.

I don't think it's a morbid topic. We should give more consideration to these matters, otherwise our nearest and dearest have to make all of the decisions instead. Trust me, that's bloody hard.

#38 PatrickUK, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  19. tscott

Cremation

High Church Anglican service...all the bells and smells

Jewish best friend delivers his funny and slightly irreverent eulogy

a lovely funeral luncheon Lobster Newburg and a nice Rhisling

My kids will take my ashes to Stirling, Scotland scatter them off Stirling Bridge or Bannockburn with a lone piper playing, but not "Amazing Grace".

20. Benway

Benway Guest

Direct cremation (otherwise they'll embalm you first and then cremate you to make more money) followed by my ashes being put in a coffee can (urns are ridiculously overpriced temporary containers) and my ashes spread on very specific location of the sands of my favorite beach.