1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you even calm this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Butterfly6, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had feelings for both sexes for as long as I can remember. I liked boys a lot especially sexually in high school but did notice I also liked my girl friends in more of an emotional way.

I'm now 36 and married with 3 kids. My feelings for women have increased a lot in the last year. I sometimes feel like I dont have much feelings for men anymore but I know from experience I will always be attracted to men (and my husband).

I've been fantasizing lately about being in a relationship with another woman and its driving me a bit crazy. I've found my sex drive has really diminished for guys since these feelings have become so strong.

I still love my husband and need to eventually tell him what's going on. When I'm not thinking of women I'm very much attracted to my husband and want the rest of my life to be with him.

But when these strong feelings for women come in I feel very overwhelmed.

I definitely like both but I guess I feel .ore gay now? Is it even ethical to say I'm a lesbian when I clearly still like men?

Needhelp3 likes this.
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, Butterfly6!

I can't say for sure, but given some of the similarities I've experienced, you sound bisexual to me. It seems pretty common (or so I've noticed around here) for people to come out later in life, and when they do, to have a stronger pull toward the same sex attraction they either didn't pay much attention to before, or were in complete denial about.

I think it's just a side-effect of keeping that part of yourself repressed, to be honest. Considering how much you love and are attracted to your husband, and how dedicated you are to spending your life with him, I don't think it's something you should worry too much about. If you want to be honest with him about this revelation, of course do so--but when you do, make it known that it doesn't change anything about your relationship with him. If that should ever happen, keep him in the loop.

But again, I don't think it's anything to worry about. It might just come down to a cooling period; or once it calms down a bit, you might find it ebbs and flows from one extreme to the other. :slight_smile:

Needhelp3 likes this.