1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What toys did you used to play with/favorite toys?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RayXxx, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dinosaurs, something similar to legos, dolls(Polly, Barbie), animals, dragons... I used to play with dolls in an unconventional way most of the time. I just hated changing their clothes or brushing their hairs so I played with them the same way you would with animals. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Stuffed animals, Pokemon. That's basically what I ended up fondly remembering and keeping throughout the years.

3. I am Kakashi

I <3 this question.

So I didn't really "get" Barbies, although I did own ONE, and played Ken and GI Joe with my sister playing with Barbies. And I did like Polly Pocket, stuffed animals and my Easy Bake Over. But mainly I was into Lego, pogs, Stretch Armstrong, TMNT, Power Rangers, Pokemon, football, video games, and most of my reading selections were more boyish like Goosebumps. The toy I REALLY wanted was the cool (read: boy) version of the Easy bake oven. The cool sciencey lab thing where you made the jelly scorpions and stuff? My mom wouldn't let me have it because she said it [eating bugs] grossed her out, although looking back I feel like it being a "boy toy" was probably a larger underlying reason. I still actually kinda want one :frowning2:

4. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Kinects (off brand legos) and anything space related (blow up earth, toy rocket...)

5. Ryujin

OMG GEOMAG BUDDIES!

Some of my best memories of my childhood involving toys involve me just playing with my Geomags on my own and playing out scenarios. Geomags were to me what lego is to most kids.

6. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Legos were my favourite thing. <3 I remember playing outside other than that.

7. Just Jess

Honestly, pretty neutral overall. Well I guess I did like transformers and legos, and those are considered "boys toys". But my absolute favorite was art supplies. They used to make these coloring books with watercolor paints right inside them and those were my absolute favorite. I also loved these things where you color in this white-on-black felt design. I liked knitting stuff too which I guess is kind of feminine, but making things like baskets and hats. We had an art project in school in I think 4th grade, where we were making these potholder thingies using a plate as a loom, and I figured out that if I pulled the stitches a little tighter I could make a bowl or hat that way. And those scented markers were really great. Later on I got into just drawing with pencils, so I loved getting sets with different weights. I loved 3-D stuff too, I graduated from play-dough to actual clay I could bake. And I got this wood burning kit. That was kind of weird (and looking back dangerous for an 11 year old :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but you got this hot iron and burned designs into wood with it. But that got my soldering dexterity up which is good, because I absolutely loved DIY electronics kits too, like those make your own radio deals. I guess those are "boy toys" but for really crappy reasons IMO, computer and electronic stuff should be just as gender neutral as art stuff. Oh yeah, origami and tie-dye. I did get cars which are THE stereotypical boy toy, but I always liked coloring on those too. Pretty much if it was given to me it was going to end up with crayon or paint or marker on it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I guess I better walk away because I could do this all day but I totally forgot spirograph. And even though I didn't own one, my day care had a lite-brite which was the bomb.

#47 Just Jess, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tinker toys, legos, toy cars, lincoln logs, trucks, paints, gameboys and the occasional doll/plush toy here and there.

9. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Legos,Easybake ( pink ) Tea set,my teddy bear tummy and leo <3

10. lostboy94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was big into matchbox cars but also had a doll I used to carry around and chew, snap-circuits legos Lincoln Logs,light bright. So yes mostly gender neutral. I forgot I had a marble maze as a kid. Loved that thing spent so many hours seeing how tall I could make it. Wonder what happened to it?

#50 lostboy94, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  11. Kilbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was more of the play-pretend guy so I liked cooking sets very well. I liked board games and collectible cards too, if those count as toys. When I was a little bit older, I had this pipe I always used as a "staff" and often battled with my sister, Sailor Moon style.

12. DoriaN

WHAT~! Lego is not a boys toy! My sister and I loved it growing up and it was a huge part of our lives.

Also litebrite was the shit hahah.

I spent so so many hours with that.

13. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My sister and I possibly had more Barbies than any other kid on the block, and all the stuff that went with them (corvette, 2 beetles, RV, airplane; our aunt built us a full house to SCALE! It had shingles and tile.) Other than that, we had a race track that I loved and my sister hated. I also remember having a dinosaur knock-off tamogatchi.

I always wanted a cap gun and TMNT or Power Ranger action figures but my parents never bought those for us.

14. starrytownblues

Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to play with: dolls, toy cars, knitting projects, Legos, and video games. I used to like anything that was entertaining, honestly. :lol:

15. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    i played with mostly gender neutral stuff like stuffed animals, and does anyone remember the whack a weasal thingy? i also had a bunch of hot wheels which i stull have to this day because my mom puts that stuff in my christmas stockings i have over 300, ive been getting them since i was 3 or 4. also i played with building and craft stuff like legos, the felt coloring boards, and when i was 7 my mom got me a professional art set with 50 brushes and a lot of water colors, pasteles, and neons. and i was a huge hulk fan, i had those foam things with the speakers in them so when u punch someone it says "hulk smash!" lol i punched my dad in the balls one time with them