1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Okulous, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Okulous

I have been questioning my gender for a long time, and I think I might be a trans woman, but I am not sure. I always think about being a woman and doing womanly things. I mean, I do other things, but I am not sure on what I am. Help?

2. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definately check out this thread on EC:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...nformative-threads-links-gender-identity.html

There's a lot of useful information on there that really helped me when I first started out. You can also check out some videos on Youtube. I personally really like this because it helps to see someone else who's going through this instead of just reading it. I know a couple good Youtubers that I could tell you about in a PM if you'd like.

The most important thing is not to jump to conclusions. Discovering yourself can take time, and you need to be patient about it. Don't dismiss the idea, but at the same time don't just assume you're trans* after reading a couple sites either.

You can always send me a message if you need any help with anything! :slight_smile:

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's not quite enough info here to help. We need to know a little bit more on how you feel womanly. And remember that we can steer you in the right direction, but cannot diagnose you.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

What exactly makes you feel like a woman? It might help to explore your feelings some more, you could experiment with female pronouns or trying dressing more femininely. You could also think about how you feel about your body, and how you want other people to view you- as a man or a woman.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  6. Okulous

The most important thing is not to jump to conclusions. Discovering yourself can take time, and you need to be patient about it. Don't dismiss the idea, but at the same time don't just assume you're trans* after reading a couple sites either.

You can always send me a message if you need any help with anything! :slight_smile:[/QUOTE]

Thank you, when I told my brother how I felt, he told me the same thing.

Also, for those asking, I always imagine myself as a girl. I think of myself going to get a manacure and other things usually associated with the other gender. I have never viewed myself as a man, I just don't feel like one. I hope this gives you a better picture of me.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is good that you have been questioning for a long time, because this is something that takes time. If you just straight to a conclusion, that has the potential to hurt you in the future.

For now, I would look at some of the threads/info that you have been linked, and keep an open mind about your identity.

8. Okulous

Thankn you to everyone who posted, it is nice to have such an open and friendly community. :slight_smile: