1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by rjrh20, Sep 12, 2013.

1. rjrh20

So I haven't slept at night in this past week because my dad has started drinking again. ( he's an alcoholic) so I had to talk to the school suicide counselor and so like they called my mom. I get to chose between living with my mom full time or staying with the fifty fifty custity arrangement. What should I do?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first, I don't think you can rely just on advice from folks on a message board, no matter how awesome the folks in a community like EC are.

Second, we need more information to offer meaningful suggestions.

So your dad's an alcoholic and it sounds like he must be a loud or belligerant drunk.

What's the situation like with your mom? Who do you get along better with? What issues would exist in staying with your mom?

If you can answer that, we'll be able to give you more informed suggestions.

3. LadyLuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You have to do what is best for you. I know its hard... but try to put your parents feelings aside for now. Once things have calmed down (which I'm sure they will) they won't blame you for whatever decision you make. At the end of the day... its your life. You need to live for you. And do what you want.