1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what language would you like to learn (real or fake)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Naxams, May 3, 2016.

1. Brytaleith

So many.
    Real: Russian, German, Swedish, ASL, Latin, French, Norwegian, Georgian, Farsi, Old English
    Fictional: Vulcan, Klingon, Dovahzul
    Programming: Like, every single one

I find the study of language fascinating. Etymology is my favourite part of studying languages. I mainly want to study these languages because they're useful and sound really awesome.

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm surprised that I didn't post in this thread already, to be honest.

I want to reach fluency in Spanish (I'm getting there) and get better in German (I'm getting there? Maybe?).

As well, languages I would like to learn are Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, any Scandinavian language and maybe more. They're all so interesting >.<

3. Glowing Eyes

Russian so that I could temporarily be Donald Trump's wife once I get hrt :slight_smile:)). And by temporarily I mean 2 months at most. I just want the experience of living with an opportunistic, narcissistic, billionaire.

Seriously though, I would like to learn... maybe Spanish. Russian would be nice too even though I definitely don't plan on living there.

4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love a second language but I've never been great at teaching myself one. I kind of want to develop an interest in a culture and so have some attachment to a second language, which isn't something I've had so far.

5. HerrinDesFeuers

None, to be honest. Although languages can be interesting and there are a few I find quite cool, I've always been bad at learning languages in general because of all the grammatical rules and stuff like that, ugh. I learned French and Latin at school and I still know some basics, but I've forgotten most of it.
    Even if I tried learning another language I think I would fail completely.

6. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    German, definitely. I've tried learning it before, but I forget it to fast.

7. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would like to learn French but as you know certain languages are easier for certain people and it just happens for me that French is very hard to learn. Although Spanish is very easy for me I just am not that interested in learning it.

8. thepandaboss

God, everything? I'm trying to learn Spanish right now. But as far as anything else... ASL for sure. Beautiful language. French. Used to know a little but lost a lot of it after community college. Arabic, Norwegian (I'm Norwegian actually) and maybe Japanese to round it out.

9. Thirteenly

Thirteenly Guest

I'm attempting to learn French on Duolingo. It's going okay. Everyone loves to rain on my parade and say that it's impossible to pick up a new language! :dry::rolle:

10. Izzy H

I wanna learn French and Mandolorian :3

11. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd like to learn French, Italian and Russian :slight_smile:

12. Butterfly2016

I would love to learn Japanese <3 I watch a lot of anime, most of it subbed, and subs are annoying. If I knew the language I could watch it without subs while I wait for the dub to be released. If anyone here speaks Japanese I could use some lessons lol.

#72 Butterfly2016, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  13. ChameleonSoul

I'd love to learn Russian so that I can talk to people when/if I visit my ancestral homeland. Plus if I go I'll be able to corrupt the minds of Russian children with my perverted LGBTQ lifestyle.

14. Comet

I'd like to at one point in my life be able to speak both Spanish and French (as well as English, of course) and to achieve that I am currently signed up to take Spanish 3 and French 1 next year in school.

15. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

French and Spanish

16. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Esperanto, Toki Pona, and ASL. There are SO many people in my school who know sign language, and I have no idea where they learned it from. And I'm really interested in conlangs (constructed languages) (I even have one myself), and they both are supposedly really easy to learn. But, Toki Pona is kind of hard to speak.

17. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spanish. It would be useful and attractive in the human resources field. I remember a bit of my Spanish from high school but it's pretty rusty

18. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some background: I'm bilingual in English and Spanish and pretty damn good at German. I've also learned to a lesser degree French and Japanese, so I'd love to have those at least as fluent as my German.

Now, this is gonna be hard:

Living languages:
    - A Scandinavian language (Danish/Swedish/Norwegian/Icelandic) I think Danish sounds the best, but I have a weird taste in languages. Anyway, if I could learn one of these I'd be really happy. I love Scandinavian culture and their way of life. I'd love to settle in a city in Scandinavia. Copenhagen, Gothenburg or Stockholm, preferably.
    - Dutch: It would be a heritage language for me, as my great-grandfather was Dutch, and I still carry his last name. Would also love to live in Amsterdam.
    - Portuguese: It sounds fun. It would be easy. Brazil looks like an amazing destination.
    - Russian: I love Russian literature and music. Their culture is amazing, it's a shame they're closed off now and a increasingly homophobic, but I have a lot of Russian friends that are either gay or open-minded.
    - Arabic: This would be so cool, and of all the dialects, I'd pick the Levantine one. I'd get to chill in Beirut and I'd also get to talk to refugees. What's not to like?
    - Hebrew: Israel looks like a fun country with a thriving gay scene, and they're quite accepting of gay people over there.

Dead languages:
    - Latin: Someone who speaks Latin is incredibly sexy. Also, it is the go-to dead language to learn. You just learn this one first. I'd love to access all those Latin texts without translating.
    - Classical Chinese: Would be a beautiful complement to my Japanese, and I love learning Kanji. Yes please.
    - Old Norse: Seriously. This would be awesome. I'd die happy.

Constructed/Fictional:
    - Esperanto: I don't know why, but something keeps holding me back from learning Esperanto. It's a shame, I love the idea behind it, but of all the languages listed here, I think this would come in last. Still, maybe one day. I would love to use the Pasporta Servo.
    - High Valyrian: Of all the Game of Thrones languages, this one sounds the most interesting to me.

19. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Italian because it's almost identical to Spanish and I want to visit Italy some day. Also I would like to learn Russian so I could understand what they're saying when I watch Russian car crashes.