1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of shoes do you wear?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shevanel, Jan 1, 2010.

1. s5m1

I guess this is where I really shine as a gay guy. I have a whole lot of shoes!

Sneakers and running shoes: Converse (blue), Adidas (white and green), New Balance, Brooks.
    Dress shoes: Johnston & Murphy - cap toe, wing tip and loafers (3 black and 1 brown).
    Business Casual/Casual shoes: About 10-15 pairs of different brands, such as Johnston & Murphy and Rockport.
    Boots: 2 Rockport (brown), 1 pair for hiking (tan) and 1 pair of snow boots (brown/black).
    Flip flops: 3 or 4 pairs of Reefs, 1 Clark.
    Boating: 1 pair of deck shoes and 1 pair of deck boots.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A pair of walking/running shoes. I just try some one until I like one, buy them, and wear them out the door. Once a hole appears in one, I get another pair.

Totally fail the gay test there. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Meii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If I could help it I wouldn't wear shoes at all, most I wear are these old TUK shoes for work and converses, that's it.

I rather be in socks or even better, barefoot :3

4. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn, I was hoping that I'd be a little less alone in this regard. Purchasing shoes I actually like has always been in the category of "gay things not to do." Except for a sizable collection of assorted no-name dress-up shoes, all I got are my lame second-hand Nikes.

I'll put a vote it for Converse. I am a child of the nineties after all.

Does BeautifulStranger really wear metallic high-tops?!

5. xCrazyInsanity

Not really.. US mens 10.5 (that's a 10 in your world...before you ask, i have no freaking clue how) on someone probably a few inches shorter than you.. i wouldn't say clown shoes
    I'd say true shoe size :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

wow u must be really tall jiggles.

7. shorty

double pluggers!

I'm a complete fucking failure at being gay :slight_smile:

8. Joe622

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've also been wearing strictly converse since the 8th grade. For a while I wore only the red high tops, but my most recent pair was navy blue low tops. I can safely say that the lack of support from said shoes has definitely screwed up my feet somewhat. :lol:

9. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

UK 11 = US 12 :grin: Although i have just went and bought a pair. :lol:

6'2" so not that tall.

10. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

jeez that is tall. im only 5'7

11. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Most people I know are tall. :icon_redf

12. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Okay. It doesn't really matter how dykey I may feel on any particular day. I will still shamelessly admit to my love of shoes. :grin: Unfortunately I don't have very many, because I have a really bad habit of losing them (my cat steals them and hides them. I'm not even kidding :icon_eek:slight_smile:.

To be honest, though, I only wear REAL shoes during half of the year. Probably through about May through September, I wear flip flops and only flip flops. I love them. <3

For the rest of the year, however, my main shoes are Converse. They're comfy and über cute and come in a bunch of different styles (I have some rainbow ones and some with stars on them). The only thing I don't like about them is that they aren't exactly very durable (one pair doesn't usually last more than a year or so for me before I have to retire them because the insides are coming apart) and they (obviously) don't do too well in the rain. But other than that, they're probably my favorite kinds of shoes.

I've also taken a liking to Rocketdogs--those are SUPER comfortable and come in a lot of really interesting patterns. I also really like boots and flats.

Still, I NEVER wear anything that has heels. Ever. Not only are they much too uncomfortable and girly for my taste, but I'm nowhere near coordinated enough to keep myself uninjured while wearing them. They're just not my thing. :lol:

13. Mister Gaga

I have a pair of :

- Caterpillar shoes
    - Lacoste Molini
    - Black Circa Lopez with a big white smiley ( :slight_smile: ) on the side.
    - Grey and yellow Bad Boy
    And of course 2 classic Converse, 3 all black converse, and 2 vans (one red, the other black)

14. elitechris

i really didn't care about the brand unless i liked them but now i have a DC pair and Vans pair

15. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

my shoes have to have a name on them, its more for the fact i can rely on a name. also i have set tastes. and they are all pretty standard trainers. nothing to out there. you see people with all kinds of wierd colours n stuff and i just think what a twat haha

16. grapevine fires

Chucks (But not hi-tops. I hate those, they're so uncomfortable)
    Black skate shoes (I can't remember the brand)
    New Balance running shoes. (For work…)

17. RainbowJay

it makes me mourn my old green checkerboard vans ):
    they're in a better place now... (3 sizes too small since I became bigfoot) ._.

I <3 my manly waterproof, snowproof, windproof Ecco boots

in the summer I wear normal sandals and every other time I have my nike sneakers, vans and converse

18. James

I wear skater shoes until they're falling apart (I've gone 3 years on my current pair), I am buying a new pair this summer).

[​IMG]

19. Mind Freak

I wear Sperry's and Vans (the ones that look like slip ons but have laces) and when it's not freezing outside (which is all the time until March) I wear Rainbow flip flops too. : )