1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your opinion on the info in the link below?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by soulcatcher, Jan 4, 2015.

1. soulcatcher

What was his intent for murdering?

2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get your comparison, but a dumb website is hardly comparable to harming others. I can confidently say that it is far more difficult to stop a sexual assault/murder than it is to shut down your computer or close the browser window. Do I even need to have a source for that claim? Unless these anti-sex advocates are actually influencing laws and affecting peoples' lives, they're harmless morons as far as I'm concerned.

3. soulcatcher

I agree with you. The creator of that site is just a peremptory charlatan.

4. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    They are entitled to have opinions and as long as they don't force it upon other people who disagrees with them
    Its OK if they don't want to have sex. A lot of people don't have sex anyway for different reasons. But you can't tell people not to have sex so the world would be a better place, sorry a can't buy this. For the world to be a better place we need high morals and sense of responsibility not lack of sex!

5. ChameleonSoul

Ahh... that side of the Internet!

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Hey, whatever they want to do.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2015 at 01:05 PM ----------

We don't need high morals. High morals is what causes things like this. Many societies' moral views say sex is wrong outside of procreation. Who's to say what's wrong or right? If people aren't hurting others, let them do what they want.

7. Emmanuella

It was kind of hilarious when they suggested that our mating "cycle" (or lack thereof, actually) was UNNATURAL.... that it was a disease of our species.
    ...a disease. In any case, their views are rather extreme. They are against everything related to sex and arousal. Fine. Let them feel the way they feel. It is not a position that will ever become widespread or prevalent. I only briefly went through one section of the website; so I'm not sure if they have taken any sort of actions to support their beliefs. As long as nobody is being threatened or harmed I couldn't be bothered to pay much attention to this insignificant group.
    I also feel like a lot of their "research" and evidence has been pulled out of thin air. Again, I'm saying this as someone who didn't do much exploration of that website!

Everything aside, I would totally love to read a fictional novel about what might have happened had this organisation risen to power and taken over control of the world. I think it would make for an interesting read.

8. Jellal

In response to the link, I find the concepts they talk about interesting. I do tend to have these thoughts of "observing obvious foolish human weaknesses the easily manipulated masses are oblivious to" from time to time, but those are the times when I feel like a villain in a Final Fantasy game.

9. soulcatcher

Hilarious, because later they argue that not all natural things are good (i.e. sex).

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2015 at 04:35 PM ----------

It is fine to observe the general trends, but to have such authoritarian views is myopic.