1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your age range?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Moonstrike, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do tell.

2. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Yea sometimes I look up to those who are younger. As long as you are mature, enjoying life, and exuding an aura of mystery and confidence, I am bound to be attracted. I am not attracted to someone who I feel is less mature than me, let's put it that way. These limits that you are setting yourselves are going to be shattered at one point or another.

3. MMAnick

I find guys 18-25 most attractive and can't see myself going too much higher than that because it would make me think all someone that old would want with me is sex. With a girl I might be ok with thaat (idk I guess I'm weird) but with a guy I want something. More than that. And any younger I sould and would be put in jail.

4. yourillusion

I'd say probably 8 years up, maybe 3 down right now.

5. Harve

I know you've acknowledged that there are exceptions, but do you really think that majority of under 25s are like that? Maybe it's just because we live in different countries, but even most under 16s i know don't really act like that.

I can't work out why people won't go down as much as they go up - how do you expect someone much older than you to date you if everyone had the same mentality? I'd date an 'old' 14/15 year old, and someone up to say, 18/19, as long as there were comfortable with dating someone reasonably younger. At that age myself i don't think i'd have problems dating a 16 year old. I realise i'm being hypocritical, but it's more of what others will think to me.

6. maverick

You're not, I actually think a lot of older men and women are super hot. I just don't know if I'd pursue a longterm relationship with someone significantly older or younger than me. But who can say for sure?

7. Kohut

Kohut Guest

My friends have always been older that me. I tend to feel better in the company of older people. They have always seemed smarter and they always have more interesting conversations than my other friends that are the same age as me. Basically, I've never stablished boundaries to the age of the people I relate to. Until now, I only had relationships with people older than me. I've already been with people +30 and others that were between 20 and 29. Love doesn't choose people's age and I've already been in love with a man that had almost the age to be my father. I'm not saying it's better or right to have relationships with older people nor that it's easy... in fact, the age difference can compromise a relationship and, in my case, it surely did.

8. PeaceLoveJoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oldest I'd go is 24 youngest is 16

9. aidan

i'm 17 and would be happy with anybody between 16-21.

if there are any old rich guys reading then disregard that, age is just a number and i'd be happy to be with you :icon_wink

10. Airplanes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anyone older, but not by 15 years,
    No one younger.

11. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

I say like plus 4 years or minus a year. As a 15 year old, I don't want to go out of school for a date.

12. Artemicion

Hrm...for now...not below 19 and not above 30.

13. KnightAssassin

date will prolly be about 4-5 years up .......

cause ima weird kid XD BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT i like guys around ....>_>
    25- 40? ....... ussually though like 35 but there are quit a few exceptions ...... younger guys i don't find appealing ....... but screw it , i'm 18 so it doesn't matter :slight_smile:

#33 KnightAssassin, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  14. Beachboi92

i was just talking to my friend the other day and realized all my friends are 20+ years old xD so i don't think i would ever end up with anyone younger than that just because i don't even make friends with people younger than that 90% of the time xD

15. Lotty

Well, for me the age range of guys is different than girls.
    For guys I think +4/-1
    And for girls +3/-2

16. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, at the moment of writing this, I'm 27, and I think a rough estimate of my age range would be 22-32

That's only a ballpark estimate, though. I think it has more to do with general position in life. Right now, I finished university, am somewhat self-reliant, settling into the beginning of a career, but not yet worrying about mortgage payments or remodeling my house. So basically I'd go for someone who's in more or less the same situation: not too occuped with school or parents, but still young enough to stay up late to game with or to go on an adventurous holiday with.

In practice, every guy I've ever crushed on was between my own age and three years younger, so that slims the range down a bit.

This does not score me points with my real-life gay friends. All of them seem to think the lowest age for a boyfriend is about 40 :confused:

17. maverick

I don't know, maybe it was just the group I ran with, but during their early twenties most of the gay people I knew were dealing with a lot of issues about self acceptance, and as a result their weak coping skills led them to act out in immaturity sometimes. They did not make good boyfriends for others, I would not have expected to have a successful relationship with any of them at that point in their lives.

There are a lot of great things about the gay community, but there's also a lot of not-so-great things that I've observed growing up in it over the last six years or so, and those behaviors seem to be the negative results of being insecure about sexuality and having "self worth" issues - a lot of fucking around amongst friends which had dramatic consequences, a lot of self-centered behavior, codependency, passive-aggression, and substance abuse. It's not their fault, it's really society's fault for making them feel so shitty about themselves, but it still leads to immature behavior.

Basically, I just want to date someone who is already past that stage in accepting that they're gay. I want someone who is more self-assured than I am, and who has already developed a sense of adult independence outside of their significant other.

I will definitely date someone younger than me, as long as I know them and know that they're mature for their age. Unfortunately, a lot of people are immature for their age as well, which means there are a lot of twenty year-old guys walking around with the mentality of fifteen year-olds. I'm five years to thirty - I don't want to date someone who acts like a high-schooler (no offense to high-schoolers, I'm just not one).

18. browneyedboy

id prob say 2 years either way

19. partietraumatic

For me it's less about the age and more about the stage of life they are in. I'm a full time student. I can't imagine dating anyone who has graduated and has a job, as I think our lives and life priorities would just be too different. Ditto someone who was still in school, again I think our lives would be too different.

20. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah. They'll just shift and transform with time/age. Thus far the "half age plus seven" formula has worked, with minimal variation. 16-26 is my general range, with a couple specific stipulations:
    Firstly, under 18 doesn't work out too well in my mind. It usually means immaturity. However, if he is mature enough for his age then maybe.
    Secondly, someone outside of the range might be okay, but they have to be pretty awesome.