1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is A HERO?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andi, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Andi

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What Is A Hero

I think it depends on the person, on what you think is a hero to you?

Take this: (true story)

A Man Was stood on the london underground platform when another man fell onto the tracks in the path of an oncoming train. There must have been 100 people who froze and watched as the train hurled towards them. This man jumped onto the tracks, and moved the fallen man into the middle of the track and lay on-top of him so the train could pass overhead.

The train was 23inches from the ground, the men were 21.5 inches.

Is this man a hero? Wait...

Then look back on the platform, there are his two kids staring at their dad, layed on this man on the tracks, hs wife is at work unaware of whats happening...

Just a few inches difference could have killed the man who jumped down to save the other, the electrified tracks could have killed him, all while his kids stood and watched, infront of 100s of people, his wife at work...

Is this man a hero?

So what is a hero to you?

For me thats easy, someone who has been there for me all the time, who i litterally owe my life to, My best m8, Martin. ly mista x

#1 Andi, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  2. thespanishheart

I would say yes, he is. If you can save another life, even if you sacrafice your own --- you are a hero.

Heroes are classified in many ways. You have heroes who save lives, like the example, and sometimes you have your role models and people who help you go through life. It's always on a different scale.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a big-ass sandwich.

Lex