What I can't stand about "Christians."

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brakmek, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a talk last night with God about this stuff, mostly regarding my sexual orientation. Naturally he wont give me a straight answer, but I let my heart open enough to feel his responses. I know none of this makes any sense but hear me out. From what I could sense of him, he's okay with me being gay, and still loves me no matter what. I doubt, however, he likes me smoking or having un-protected sex (of any form), but I just don't think he hates gays at all. Actually, I imagine he's furious with how humanity has corrupted the Bible, especially the passage of Sodom & Gamora. He's also fine with me not having a religion and truthfully I see no reason to have one. All one needs is love, God, a mate, a job, a home, and the right geographical location to do all this in relative peace. I know for a fact my black, gay ass wasn't born in the right country to do any of the aforementioned, so my personal issue is finding where I belong. But no longer do I have to walk this life alone, my father (God) has my back. Normally this topic (regarding the OP) would be responded by me with so much hatred, but I no longer hold that towards anyone, not even Christians. God removed my hatred and I'm doing my part to keep it away.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes this happens. I do not listen to them. Their words aren't from God.

Also, I think we tend to remember the negative better than the positive. All religions and faiths have done a great many positive things, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil. If we feed into what they say and they bother us, we're only adding to their power over us when truthfully, they don't deserve it.

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like the way you talked to the infinite creator of the Universe and he told you to give up smoking. Perhaps it's not god your talking to but to your inner self. Anyway it doesn't matter if it helps you.

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly! Like, if God hated people who were gay, why would he put them on this Earth to suffer with pain and ridicule? You know, as I was reading your reply, I began to think of Jefferson Bethke's Why I Hate Religion but Love Jesus || Spoken Word. In case you haven't seen it, here it is:
    [YOUTUBE]1IAhDGYlpqY[/YOUTUBE]

One thing that absolutely amazes me is that people aged 18-25 is only age group that actively looks in the Bible for answers and whatnot :slight_smile: This is truly amazing. It may be because I live in the Bible belt, but nonetheless, it is just so awesome.

5. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually I told him I'd give up smoking, and furthermore I don't talk to my inner self.

6. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Why I hate religion but Love Jesus" video is bs. Jesus has a dogma attract to him. So by believeing in and loving Jesus you are in religion whether you like it or not. You may dislike churches and organisations such as the Catholic Church. But if you believe in Jesus (as the Son of God) you are a Christian which I'm afraid is a religion. TBH this hate religion, love Jesus thing strikes me as Churches trying to get young people to join them and increase there collection plate takings.

7. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry that you feel that way, Jesus != Any type of religion. I guess we'll agree to disagree. I'm not one to get into a discussion on this topic so with that I bid you good day sir

8. Idek1204

I'm seeing her in about a week but will let you know ASAP.
    I see its urgent because maths spikes my interest to the n^x degrees. (I'm doing maths at university starting October. Hellz yeah!)

9. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What other 'Christians' do is what keeps me from publicly identifying as 'one of them'.

10. Hexagon

I share your dislike for those who behave this way. However, by saying they aren't true christians or whatever (as implied by the ""), you're trying to impose your views on every member of the religion just like they are. The truth is that no one knows for sure what the original writers intended - I'm not religious, but since you believe in god, neither you or they can know exactly what god thinks about gay people.

There are all sorts of assholes in the world, who have negative views regarding what I consider to be fine. I haven't got the energy to hate them all, I have no interest in those who hate me (unless I'm in the mood to argue, which does happen). So yeah, let them hate.

11. Foxface

well let's pretend for a moment Christians are. Homosexuality is wrong, blah blah

Ok so if Christians are right, aren't they supposed to let God be the one who smites and damns people?

That's the part I don't get

Foxface

12. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right! We leave the damnation and smiting up to God/Jesus or whatever you want to call a higher power; however, this is where religion kicks in. Organized religion is the one that says "Oh let's damn the person to Hell because he doesn't follow the teachings of Christ/he's not a follower of Christ" like no, you're supposed to let the higher power decide (if you believe in one). The ones that do, indeed, follow Christ and live out the Word of not being judgmental are the truly righteous ones. Those that have fallen to organized religion, due to translation and whatnot, are the ones that do not follow Christ so closely as they should. Christianity used to be about tolerance and following Christ (hence the word at the beginning) but due to it being so large, it has lost the original roots and fallen into one that picks and choose what they believe.

This may or may not make sense...I am horrible with words.

13. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My God this man has it! This is the EXACT reason I gave up Christianity and haven't touched it since! I just follow God himself, and I'm doing quite well without the corruption of humanity.

14. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's because of hateful christians that I've chosen to identify as "Deist". I don't follow the bible, because it was written by a bunch of sexist men around 2000 years ago. I listen to God and follow to what I believe he tells me. I 'feel' it rather than read it.

15. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No, but that's a more proper way to interpret the Bible. Me, I stay away from them like an experienced Tie Fighter pilot avoids engaging Rogue Squadron.

16. Sr Francium

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well whenever someone talks about the bible I remember that It was written by a homophobe, sadly '~'