1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does he mean?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kerze, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I lost contact with my best friend in july last year when it was the summer then he went to a diffrent school to me and I kinda developed a crush on him quite badly (absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that stuff) but mostly got over it a few months ago. He's the only person I'm out to and he was my closest friend untill he stopped talking to me and I'm not sure why. Anyway, we started talking again a few weeks ago on facebook and stuff and he's been acting kinda, Idk; weird? Like, asking odd questions (How big my penis is, if I've ever had sex, how often I wank, if I've ever liked people we know, what my type of guy is; I didn't really know about the last one and his answer was 'well, I kinda like tall, skinny guys with blue/green eyes; I like Blonds and gingers', which is a description of me...) He never asked this stuff before and he started talking to me about all this stuff about a week after we ran into each other after not talking for months.

I'm just not good at understanding people (loads of friends/some teachers think I have aspergers) and I don't know why he's acting like this. I'm not upset by it or anything (I do have a bit of a crush on him, but I don't know if I'm projecting...) I just want to know what it means

:help: Eugh, anyway; thoughts, opinions, advice? HELP would be much apreicated :help:

2. Tiny Catastrophe

Well usually I'm pretty good at reading people. I'm not always right but I'll take a shot at this. I think he might be questioning his sexuality and there's a chance he might have a crush on you judging by the questions he's asking you. Maybe just ask him like why he's asking you those questions because my straight male friends wouldn't ask their gay male friends those kind of things. That's what I'm getting from this. Hope it helped

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's deffinatly gay, sorry forgot to clarity that, but thanks for your input :slight_smile:

4. Tiny Catastrophe

Lol oh then that makes more sense. So then I then maybe he's reaching out to you for help and I still think he might have a little crush on you

5. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, I was talking to one of my friends on facebook; Y is her V is him Me is Me K, A and D are people we know

V got worked into the convosation;

Me; He started talking to me again, btw
    Y; I don't know why you stopped talking. You were friends FOREVER. He wanted to fuck you at one point; it was jokes
    Me; WTF, when?
    Y; like 3 years ago, calm yourself. I believe what he said was 'I can't decide whether I want to play pokemon with him or make out with him'. Couldn't have been why he stopped talking to you, he wanted to Fuck K back then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You know he likes A and D knew about it and she still agreed to go out with him? As much as I love that girl, she can be a bitch.

6. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If he was your closest friend and he knows your gay,you could wait until these things come up again(even if you bring it up when appropiate) and just casually ask him if he has ever questioned his sexuality.By phrasing the question this way it is not as direct as "are you gay" which often gets anyone in the closet scared and into a big denial, where as questioning is not as bad as its not an admission to being gay.By describing what type of male he finds attractive makes it sound like he was trying to tell you he may be bi/gay.

Dont get your hopes up,he may just be comfortable enough with you to be able to admit that men can look good but do nothing for him sexually,just as gay men can see a women looks good but nothing for him sexualy.

Communication is the key.

7. Ianthe

If you are interested, just ask him out already. Don't make a big deal out of it, even to yourself, but the best way is to just go for it. You have confirmation that he was into you at some point, and he's asking kind of fishing questions. It's not going to get much better than that.

What did you say when he described the kind of guy he likes and it seemed like you? Seriously, just go for it with this guy.

Anyway, why in the world aren't you out to Y? She is obviously accepting, and could potentially be useful in this situation. As long as you aren't out she's going to be minimizing the "V likes you" factor so as not to freak out the "straight guy." She might know more than she is saying. It would be good for you to come out to her anyway.

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

There is really no way to know why he is doing what he is doing. There could be millions of explanations and you could go over every single one, but you won't know for sure until you ask him.

He was a pretty close friend in the past so you should know how to approach him. Just ask him about why all of the sudden he started talking to you again or maybe explain to him why you are confused about the whole thing.

Go for it. You have nothing to lose and all to gain :slight_smile: