1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of quiet people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ameryllis, Aug 27, 2015.

1. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never discount the quiet people tho, as I can be quite talkative if its the right subject. Eye contact is the worst of my probs tho so even if I know the subject well, its hard to look at people still so I seem disinterested.

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I make them feel uncomfortable. Not intentionally though. I have friends who are resrvered around strangers but confident and talkative around familiar faces. A lot of quiet people just need to feel comfortable in order to speak out more.

#22 imnotreallysure, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I like them more than loud people.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Too wild for me.

5. RainOnVII

Definitely do :slight_smile: . Quiet people don't pressure me (another quiet person--or is it asocial/awkward?) to speak when I don't want to, or much at all. I like how quiet people can gravitate together, exchange a few comments here and there, and sit in peace.

Outgoing, cheery, loud people intimidate me, and I mostly tense up, let them say their piece, insert a couple nods and "mm-hmm"s until they leave. My classmates (who are more extroverted than I am) labeled me shy--which wasn't true, and was irritating, since I could talk with the best of them when I'm passionate (which, admittedly, doesn't happen often). Of course, I also know a few outgoing people who are talkative at a comforting level (?) which sets me at ease instead.

All in all, quiet people are awesome.

#25 RainOnVII, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on the person, I suppose.

If they're just naturally shy I have nothing against them, but if they are quietly rude (being clique-ish for example) it's extremely annoying. But I usually disregard the latter type completely.

People often remark how quiet I am. But make no mistake, that is not due to being "shy." Usually I'm quiet because I'm bored by the people around me, or because I'm interested by something/someone and therefore quietly observing it or thinking about it. Either way I'm quiet. The only time I'm ever even close to expressive is in writing, as in here on EC, or when I'm speaking on a subject that I'm heavily invested in (an "obsession" per se). Then I run on endlessly until the people I'm talking to give up and their eyes glaze over. *sigh*

7. kyoujin

I am a quiet person. And I like quiet people.

I don't like loud people.

8. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I'm quiet too. I think we can come off as standoffish at first, but once we warm up to people our true personalities come out. Quiet people can also be shady as f@*k! We're always just watching. :lol:

9. mangotree

People who don't know when to talk are much more pleasant than people who don't know when to shut up.

10. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm quiet too, so I have a better understanding of other quiet people. I absolutely hate when outgoing, talkative people point out that I have barely said a word all day. Oh well :shrug: I see it as a weakness in myself. What do I think of other quiet people? I'm indifferent to it really. It's their prerogative :grin:

11. n3e

n3e

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty introverted, so it is somewhat difficult when it is just me and one other person who is shy as well. It helps me to have someone moderately outgoing around to help guide the conversation. I am trying to become a little more outgoing. Two quiet people lead to a lot of awkward pauses in the conversation, but there is nothing wrong with being quiet or shy. Once I get to know someone it is a lot easier.

12. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I'm a quiet person so I know not to make judgements since my quietness depends on the people I'm with and my mood, etc. But usually when I see other quiet people, I mainly wonder what they're thinking. ^^

13. RainDreamer

I like them. I enjoy spending time in silence with others, perhaps doing things together, or on our own, even though some may find it awkward. I just think it allow me to see more of a person than what they put up in their words.

14. ShyShutterbug

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a quiet person myself, I don't have any problem with other quiet people. In fact, I feel more comfortable spending time with quiet people than people who are really loud and talkative. When I meet someone who's really loud, I feel a little intimidated and I'm afraid they'll think I'm weird for not being as social as them. But when I meet someone who's more quiet and shy, I feel a little more at ease because we're on the same level.

I never thought of quiet people as stuck-up or rude. When I see a quiet person, I usually think of them as someone who's deep in thought, someone who doesn't feel the need to say everything on their mind, or just someone who's a little shy like me.

#34 ShyShutterbug, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  15. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing wrong with them because we are all unique and wonderful in our own way

16. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They beat the hell out of loud people, in my book.

17. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They tend to be the best people ever. :slight_smile:

18. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They have the loudest minds :slight_smile:

19. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm shy and tend to be quiet most of the time. But other quiet people can make me feel nervous, because it's hard to keep a conversation going with them. So I'd rather be around more talkative people. There are many exceptions to this case though, one of them being my mood or the other person's political ideas.

#39 Weregild, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  20. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer quiet people. And I'm usually a quiet person. Social interaction Loud people can be fun for a few hours, and then I want some peace. And by peace, I don't mean absolute silence, because I prefer having at least music playing or TV left on, unless I'm trying to sleep or something like that.