1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you consider "losing your virginity?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve FS, Dec 1, 2015.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the things that makes virginity a very weird and often times stupid concept is that everyone has different definitions for what qualifies as losing their virginity. According to my personal definition (any mutual and consensual sexual contact with another human) I am not a virgin, but according to some people here (anal penetration has to occur) I am still a virgin. I usually let people use their own definitions for themselves, and will take them for their word on whether they say they're a virgin or not. It also goes to show why I think the concept is flawed as well. Nothing happens after you lose your virginity, other than getting rid of that awkward "first time having sex" feeling. Also as Adrienne said, it also serves to stigmatize those who haven't had sex, as well in some cases stigmatizing those who have had sex as well.

2. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with everyone's opinions. I think first sexual act with someone. The term "virginity" is vague. I questioned what is considered losing it. My first sexual experiences were with guys. I wondered for years if it was considered losing my virginity or not since it wasn't vaginal penetration. Today I consider I "Lost It" when a friend and I performed oral sex on each other.

3. Hexagon

The concept is invalid.

4. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't actually believe in virginity, it's a social construct that is intended to determine someone's self worth based on whether they've had sex or not. It's a very vague term as well; nobody is quite sure what it means, hence this whole thread.

It's pretty much a pointless term. Nobody understands it, it doesn't (or at least shouldn't) carry any sort of value or significance, it's just futile.

5. wolf of fire

Until you perform an act that ends in the word sex.