1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do women do?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TGR682, Jan 17, 2021.

1. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This may sound naive, but I'm curious.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this question is a bit broad. Women do all sorts of things. You may want to be more specific with your question so that you can get the answers you are looking for.

Kyrielles, TGR682 and gravechild like this.
  3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a woman and I do all sorts of things. On a day to day basis I keep my home clean and cook for myself. For entertainment I read books, watch some TV shows or movies (more often with my boyfriend than when I am alone), I play table top role playing games with friends, I go for walks .... lots of things. When I need to I fix my car or bicycle if they need repairs or help my boyfriend repair his.

If the question is what do I do that makes me a woman? Nothing in particular, I am just a woman and whatever I do is therefore being done by a woman.

TGR682 and gravechild like this.
  4. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No problem! What kind of feminine things are there? I know of flowers which are considered feminine if I am correct. Also modeling and cooking. This may sound stereotypical but this is my knowledge. I know men cook as well and that they can also model.
    It seems that the conclusion is that men and women do the same things pretty much.

Thanks for your kind answer! :slight_smile:

5. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, pretty much. There are stereotypical things sure and at the beginning of most peoples transition they might emphasize those quite a bit but after becoming comfortable presenting yourself as you truly are it becomes easier to just do those things that you enjoy.

Working on the external appearance does make it easier for strangers to "read" you as female. As such having longer hair, removing stereotypically male hair (facial, arms, legs etc), wearing makeup and typically feminine attire like dresses and skirts all assist in being seen by others as female. These things though do not define who you are, that is something that is internal.

Personally for myself now after years of living full time as female;
    I do mostly wear skirts or dresses but that is a matter of comfort as most womens pants fit like a girdle and that is uncomfortable for me, both from being tight on my legs etc and from me not wanting to "tuck".
    I rarely wear makeup and when I do it is just lip color and mascara.
    If I wear a scent it is just lavender oil.
    I do not shave at all, my underarms and legs are somewhat fuzzy (though I do not have a lot of hair - and it being winter it is not really noticeable).