1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News What do people think about faithless electors to elect Clinton as president?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Alder, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Duane

Duane Guest

I doubt this will happen unless the faithless electors are watching what Trump is actually looking like, which is a train wreck.

2. Jellal

I think it would be disastrous if Clinton stole this from Trump. Fortunately I really don't see any chance of that happening now. However there is a positive side to all the people trying their best to get the word out and make her win (as misguided as those people are.) More than support for Hillary their actions show a dislike of the extreme stances on Trump's side that he spoke about in the past. If all goes according to plan, these voices ought to have an effect of forcing Trump's team more towards compromise in the future knowing that they will have to work to earn the trust of the majority who had no faith in them whatsoever. And Clinton will still be denied executive power, which will save countless lives. So I'm pretty optimistic about the outcome of these attempts to belatedly put Clinton in the white house.

3. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Trump IS a lot like global warming. It's both comforting and frustrating that Hillary won the popular vote. I hope that in the future, for the next election they will abolish the electoral college. I definitely understand the skepticism though. I tend to be more of an idealist, I would hope that in the near future, like 2020, we're going to have a really awesome President who keeps pushing civil rights forward.

4. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I highly suspect rural white folk, small town West Virginia coal folk, whining rust belt unwilling to reinvent themselves folk are more heavily armed than progressive, generally college educated, folk.

5. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So far the number of faithless electors who have claimed to not vote according to their state is up to 6, which is merely symbolic considering the electoral vote difference. Plus, talk is cheap, compared to action.