1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JKZ, Jan 13, 2018.

1. JKZ

JKZ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I dont know if this is posted in the right place but anyways recently ive been talking to this guy i met online, he lives pretty far away and we have made plans for me to stay at his house for 3 days sometime in Feb. The problem is i dont know what we should do while im there, i like this guy and i dont really know what he expects out of this whole thing but if it is something more serious i dont want to mess it up by being really boring or lame. What im asking here is not only some suggested for what we should do during this time but also how do i go about asking what he wants out if it without scaring him away or making things weird

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can I ask if you have already met this guy in person, because it's really taking a leap of faith to agree to stay at someone's house if you haven't? I would definitely urge you to meet in a public place first and make sure you have good and positive vibes about him (when you meet) before going back to his place and staying over.

It's always a good idea to know what you want and set some personal boundaries when you meet someone and begin dating, otherwise you are just 'winging it' and hoping for the best. Are you looking for a serious relationship, or just a bit of fun right now? How intimate are you willing to be on a first, second or third date? What do you need to know about a person before you will have sex with them? These are the sort of questions you need to ask yourself now, because they will help you to set some important personal boundaries and prevent you from going too far, too soon and getting hurt. It's not about being boring, lame or stand-offish and if he's a decent sort of person who is worthy of your interest he will understand why you are doing this.

Before you meet in person, it might be a good idea to have a chat about what you are both looking for. If he's put himself out there he should expect to be asked these questions.