1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What could this be?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jogos, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Jogos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone,
    I am a 22 yr old male, rather slim\but regular slim nothing troublesome, i have always been like this physically since i was a kid, i take zoloft and have been for about 2 yrs not much of an issue so far. right now that i got that out of the way, my question is what do you think this could?

I do suffer from anxiety and depression, the depression goes and comes, and I do get stressed easily, about 2 yrs ago I had an ECG and ecocardiogram along with blood tests because of tightness around my chest, and they said everything is fine.. i felt like this "err when i had the exams i was ok if i did the exam at the moment i was in pain it would of helped" but as i am not doctor I am in no position to convince myself of such a thought, they know what they are doing.. i think. So lately, we are talking since early december I have been feeling whenever i am at uni around 18:00pm I start to feel a bit dizzy, like as if i could just faint, once i had to rush home to have sugar then come back, and i felt like either vomiting or fainting and the teacher said "omg your pale" its happened for a while now, i feel strange around 18:00pm if i am at uni, if i am at home no, but at home i am usually all day seated in my bed on the computer.

So I thought, low blood sugar? and started talking saltine crackers and\or plain biscuits and a bottle of water, today the same thing happened, i ate my biscuits, had water and still felt weird not as bad but still.. and yet i wasnt anxious at uni, I was fine. (and I am on my last yr of uni, never happened before lol) Last thursday whilst in a lesson around 18:30 i felt a sharp pain near my heart then the dizziness came in my mind and the shortness of breath i believe is caused due to fear of "what was this sudden sharp feeling near my heart" ..then it passed, the sharpness was fast also not long lasting, on sunday after dinner i was fine and suddenly i felt the sharpness again, and tonight i was dancing something i dont usually do and havent for a few years when i stopped i got that sharp feeling again and then a little dizziness only, my head feels a bit funny on one side of the scalp and i fear is it a heart attack? i googled heart pain and it could be a pulled muscle somehow ? or worse? or is it all just another form of anxiety?

Please give me some insight at least of your opinion. thank you

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you're describing doesn't sound like heart-related pain, especially given the history. I would, however, suggest getting yourself checked out again, as it's not a risk one wants to take.

What is clear is that there's some unaddressed or inadequately addressed anxiety that can cause symptoms that can mimic heart attacks. Are you seeing a psychiatrist, or was your Zoloft prescribed by a general practitioner? If you aren't seeing a psychiatrist, I would suggest seeking out a consult, as it doesn't sound like the Zoloft is really doing the job for you.

It's quite common for a psychiatrist to have to make several different medication adjustments before finding the right combination of drug and dosage. I suspect that when you find the right combination for you, these symptoms will likely go away.