1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What could make you happier than anything else could?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by plasticcrows, Feb 23, 2013.

1. julia

A girl who could love me as much as I love her. I don't care how small this is in comparison to some of what other's have said, but I'm so lonely all the time I don't care.

2. Nyanko

Having someone say they care about me no matter what and actually mean it. Sure I have family and friends but never has anyone told me they actually care for me, and I'd probably be happy forever if that happened.

3. MerBear

you know what...im changing mine. its a self reason but

i wish my ex didnt use sex as an escapism and i wish she would love me back

4. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with this. And, it's not small...it's HUGE. (*hug*) I'm in the same place...

5. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A man who loves me as much as I love him whom I could share the rest of my life with.

6. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Are you kidding? You're seriously complaining about the luxury because you have to live with people whom you dislike?

7. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

The luxury is not worth the environmental damage, political conflict, and government intervention in daily life it begot.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, you pretty much need to go read Derrick Jensen. That man's writings are made for you. He's a staunch primitivist, and while I agree that he gets many things right, his solution is rather problematic for the vast majority of human society. I agree that civilization is ultimately unsustainable, but I don't want to speculate on the exact timeframe of collapse. It is surely safe to say that civilization has proceeded from unspeakable evils that are ongoing. However, I believe we need to find fair and rational ways to dismantle it, rather than simply tear down the structure.

9. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

This Derrick Jensen seems like an interesting author. Do you recommend any specific books? If not, I'll just pick a random one by him.

10. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Primitivism bothers me from a moral and philosophical standpoint even more than the despotic genocidal ideologies of the 20th century. It's always the anti-progress schools that really bug me on a primal level, anti-natalism being another huge one. But the basis for my entire view of ethics is centered around the preservation of knowledge, so ideologies that precipitate the deliberate destruction of knowledge or sentience would naturally fly in the face of the entire universe as I understand it.

This isn't the place to debate such things though.

The thing that would make me happiest? Being mentally and biologically immortal.

11. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    being w/ my bf :/

also primitivism is like the worst ideology, along w/ anarcho-capitalism

12. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like a relationship. It's not that I "need" one, but I'd love that personal connection with a person, the ability to express affection for the one I care about, etc. However, I'm only interested in a relationship if I truly love that person, I'm not just casually looking to fill that place with the next person who expresses any interest. I don't think I could have a relationship based purely on attraction, I'd rather it be with someone who could be a partner and a friend; so we could do things together, learn together, etc.