1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mr Ishida, May 23, 2011.

1. kwyjibo

Chrome for speed but Firefox when I need all the extensions.

2. Lady Gaga

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use Chrome. I like the layout, and it's just as fast, if not faster than Firefox on my computer.

3. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Chrome primary, Firefox now and then, IE I use to put toolbars on and my trash receptical

4. Just Passing

Same here. :grin:

I've always been fairly satisfied with Internet Explorer and as such, am using that and have been for all my Internet life. :astonished:

5. WaitingForOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I ALWAYS use chrome for everything, sometimes firefox when i want a change :slight_smile:

6. Hexagon

Safari came pre-installed. Thankfully can't use IE - I'm kind of the anti-microsoft. Or at least a follower. But safari doesn't save tabs, so I switched to firefox (used to use it on my PC). I use FF for all the awesome stuff like firebug and everything else I use for my occasional hacking. Might try chrome, so long as it saves tabs. Used to use chrome for multiple accounts on my PC, now I just use safari for them. Cant remember if chrome saves tabs. To lazy to dl and find out. IE used to crash my PC. Will not touch.

7. SamAlex728

This. ^^

8. The Dudeh

The Dudeh Guest

I use Chrome, it's the fastest for me and it saves everything I need - plus it looks a lot nicer than IE did.

9. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NO! This is VERY BAD. That's the worst browser in the world and it makes people's lives more difficult.

I'm a web designer and you guys probably have no idea how much of a pain in the ass it is to debug a website for Internet Explorer. It's awful. Waste of time.

Abandon IE, save a web designer.

I'm completely serious. Go download Chrome, you'll like it a lot more as it doesn't look like shit and it renders HTML and CSS using web standards instead of forcing me to hack around a shittily made system.

INTERNET EXPLORER IS THE WORST, AND IF YOU USE IT, YOU ARE THE WORST.

10. 507bro

chrome, It fast and it's simple, no clutter. I try switching back to firefox but I couldn't.

11. AtmaWeapon

Chrome. I use FF to a small degree. Rarely ever use IE.

I also second the web designer. If you've never used Chrome or FF (but I recommend Chrome), you should at least try it for a few days to a week and then try IE again and see if you don't think IE, afterwards, is a hunk of poo.

Not to derail but just to throw that out there...

#31 AtmaWeapon, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  12. Just Passing

I've also designed web sites (not on a professional level though) using Dreamweaver and using Internet Explorer as the default browser (I'm in the minority, but I never liked Firefox, but from what I've seen of Chrome, it looks wonderful so I may try it out) and the only issues I had were down to my limited skills using Javascript and such.

But seriously, calm down over the fact I'm using IE. Please.

13. Holmes

Chrome 90% of the time, Firefox 8%, IE 1.9%, with 0.1% when I might realize I also have Safari or Opera there but then forget.

14. Saikou7

I use Opera and Chrome, but I always switch back and forth between them.
    I love them both! Quick and simple. Firefox occasionally when I need an add-on or something.

15. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Chrome for me, all the time. We have IE at school I and want to pull my hair out!

Before Chrome, I used Firefox (to mild annoyance) and before that, I used a very unknown one called Deepnet which was so much better than the IE at the current time (and probably still is!). Looking at Deepnet now, it's so angular and unstreamlined, aaaaah, did I really use that!?

16. Jaason

Firefox 5 for 70% of the time
    Chrome for 30% of the time

Also, it's interesting because I tried to delete my internet explorer and couldn't (I use Windows 7). I then proceeded to delete the IE files in the registry. Didn't work. Then, Safe Mode. Still didn't work. Finally, I got around tweaking the permissions and such and finally got rid of that horrible monster of a browser xD

17. jamajenx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i use opera, its wayy faster than anything on the slow connection i have, and the widgets you can get on it are pretty cool too :grin:

18. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i use opera, because went i want it to NOT show these annoying and marketing toolbars, it DOES NOT show them. Unlike IE...when you disabling a toolbar, do everything to keep it OFF, it always comes back.

19. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Firefox, both at home and in work. I use Thunderbird and Open Office in work also to replace the costly Microsoft alternatives.

20. CrayonWarrior

Out Status:
    All but family
    Chrome. That's my favourite, but if it breaks or something my backup is Opera