1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Well, I just got back from what felt like a successful Saturday. I went to a volunteer session at the local SPCA for my school volunteer hours today and we took a tour around the building. I saw a cute little drawing on one of the bulletin boards of an anthro character in an SPCA shirt. Then I went with my mother to the craft store to pick up some new sketching materials, as my old sketchbook is almost full with drawings now, is falling apart, the spiral is rusting and it was the victim of my cat pissing on it several years back. I did my best to crop out the piss stains from the photos of my drawings for my photo album. At least I don't have to worry about that anymore. The newer book I got is much bigger and has more sheets of paper to use. I also got some better inking pens, newer erasers, a nice little pink pencil sharpener and I even found a pair of good sports sunglasses there on clearance sale. Finally, My mother and I visited the local thrift store we used to frequent when I was younger. All I could find was two good condition VHS tapes of a couple of the original Star Trek series for a buck. I was hoping to find an old Transformers toy I could take the time to repair there, but there wasn't anything else of interest to me. I did oddly enough see a CB radio there in the electronics section. I would have no use for it, but I thought it was something interesting I would note. I hope everyone else is having as good of a Saturday as I'm having. :icon_bigg

2. MrSkittles

So much homework, but glad most of it isn't due till Thursday

3. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

GO BLUE JAYS GO!!! Hope they win this afternoon again. :slight_smile:

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Randomly turn to a Michigan State game (#4 ranked team in the country just off a huge win) and all the commentators can talk about is Michigan (unranked 0.500 team)...

That is why I root against Michigan like they were an SEC team...

#5584 Browncoat, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  5. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Oh. My. Fuck. I was just looking at Google Images for inspiration for what my next graphic novel character redesign should be like, and I stumbled upon what Axl Rose of Guns 'N' Roses fame looks like now. I just can't believe it. HE GOT FAT. He looks like Larry the Cable Guy's funny uncle! This makes me sad. On the plus side, I did find something funny from all this in the form of a mediocre meme:

[​IMG]

Why oh why did I feel the need to look into this? Hold on, I'm gonna see what Slash looks like next...

...Aaand he's perfectly fine. In fact he looks better than ever, I'd say. Wow, it really is true in every way how the rest of Guns 'N' Roses became better after they broke up while Axl became worse and worse. I mean, come on, Axl! Why do this to yourself? You were in one of the greatest bands of the 80's! You were a DJ in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas! Now I'm comparing you to Larry the fucking Cable Guy! I feel depressed... :icon_sad:

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My stupid dad has come up with a new conspiracy theory: the University of Hawaii changed its nickname from the Rainbow Warriors to the Warriors 15 years ago because the term "Rainbow Warriors" was hijacked by the gay community. :rolle: Welp, looks like I'm still not coming out to him any time soon.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*)

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I obviously wouldn't say the gay community hijacked the term, but I think it could be a reason the university changed the name. Maybe they did want to distance themselves from the gay community? Then again, Hawaii doesn't strike me as a homophobic place. There has to be some backstory on this.

Nonetheless, I am sorry to hear your dad made those comments.

In other news, I decided not to go to my men's meeting because it was about how pets comfort you...kinda boring. The next quarter's topics are really good though.

I was also checking out Facebook in the basic information and stalking a crush from my old high school. He has his interested section as "men and women" but is married to a woman. I always wonder if some people put that because they think it means friendships etc. He is young and married to a woman though. Why is life so unfair? I typically don't crush on built and ripped guys previously in the Marines, but he is so fucking cute.

#5588 QueerTransEnby, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  9. thepandaboss

Getting emails from an app you deleted months ago is sort of like an ex trying to worm their way back into your life. "Well...I see you haven't used Golf 19 in a long time. What can I do to bring you back? I have new holes for you to explore. WAIT! Don't delete the email!"

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hats off to Northern Illinois. Although they didn't pull the upset, they have to be proud of the fact that they nearly took down the #1 team in the nation.

11. MrSkittles

Ugh, why cant I stop staring at them, they are all just so gorgeous.

12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hawaii voted to allow each team to choose its own name in 2000. Football and basketball became the Warriors, and Baseball stayed the Rainbow Warriors.

13. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh. They're still the Rainbow Warriors according to their website. Wikipedia says they changed their name back in 2013 (or standardized it, since apparently in 2000 they gave each team the opportunity to change their name and some just kept it).

14. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wonder if I eat less then 500 calories I'll implode making a black hole, sucking the earth up. Welp time for me to get some sleep.

15. MrSkittles

Uhhhh.... don't know what to do. Being hit on by a girl. Don't know how to let her down easy.

16. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tell her flat out your gay. :I :thumbsup:

17. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Life is too short to waste your time trying to justify yourself to strangers that ultimately don't impact your life in any way that matters.

18. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I feel something is amiss. I haven't heard back from Simple Thoughts in three days. Usually he talks to me each time I message him on his wall, and I've seen his account light show that he's been active, so what's going on? I'm not being butthurt about him not replying to everything I send him like a clingy girlfriend, I'm just a bit worried. Then again, it might just be that he's doing other things at the moment and I'm still being overly worried about things. Probably that.

19. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's 2am in England and I'm awake

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually growing fond of my home state of Michigan once again.

If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.