1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LD579, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlamoCity

Subway sounds good, but it's hard to beat the brisket and creamed corn with iced tea that I'm about to have.

2. Gen

Gen

This sounds so very easy to beat! Who chooses briskets and creamed corn over an Italian herb and cheese sub? Why does it sound like you drink iced tea with every meal?? How can you be this southern????

3. AlamoCity

Because, I drink iced tea with most meals. I like water, but I need flavor during meals (a bottle of San Pellegrino or Gerolsteiner can do for a nice dinner). Also, I don't drink coffee, so I've been known to drink iced tea with my brisket tacos for breakfast :lol:

As for the Italian herb and cheese, I am milk sensitive so it's usually honey oat for me :lol:. I sometimes would kill to have a pizza.

4. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

i have typed up THREE sentances since starting my essay about an hour ago... i need to leave EC haha this is why i have avoided the site completely as of recently but wow it is incredibly difficult!!! :lol:

5. Gen

Gen

See, now that makes sense. Though, only so much from the perspective of someone who would opt out of brisket and creamed corn for almost anything. My vegetables must be plain or savory, but never sweet; and I don't eat red meat.

However, I will never understand this ice "tea" business. If we were talking a green tea with no sugar and simple a drizzle of honey, then I would be on board. Maybe even a black or floral tea. But none of those lies that they call "ice tea" these days!

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's wrong with iced tea? Make a pot of black tea, serve over ice. Good refreshment when the weather is warm. Or cold. Anytime, really. Just don't ruin it by adding sugar.

7. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

[​IMG]

We can't be friends (zing)

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Throw in some corn bread, and you won me over.

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2015 at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh man, I think more skin tags are sprouting up on me again. I really don't want to go back to the dermatologist's office for this.

9. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A good friend of mine came out today, I'm so proud of him.

10. Formality

Tea tastes like, it tastes like... Oh! That's right NOTHING. People are so pretentious drnking tea. It literally tastes like when old people mix your kool-aid out with way too much water. When that happens people complain but tea is somehow not tasteless?? Logic much people.. Logic... Much... :confused:

Don't get me wrong, tea can have... taste, if done right, even a good taste.

11. Burnedcloset

I am a genetic piece of trash. I don't want to live anymore. If my own family cannot make me feel like I'm worth anything. Why would anyone else? Nobody will ever care about me for me. I will die alone and sad. My life is pointless.

I think I'm at a all time low. I keep having fantasies of me writing a suicide note and offing myself. I Feel sick to my stomach.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then may the doors of the civilised world be forever shut to thee, uncultured swine.

:lol:

For the record, I wouldn't blame anyone for adding sugar to Lipton and the like, teas which taste like piss with tannins. I would simply blame them for drinking Lipton.

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (hugs)

I'm here if you need to talk. I'm in the same boat right now, but for other reasons.(*hug*)

14. Gymskirtboy

Gymskirtboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry to hear you feel so down. I have to say I'm struggling myself. I feel my situation is totally hopeless and nothing will ever change. I can't offer you much help as I don't have private message facilities yet. Sorry.

15. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

John I won't presume to know everything there is to know about your life, but I've been here ever since you first joined and after all this time I think I can confidently trace most the problems you have expressed here to your family. You need to get over them. Seriously, let them go; if not literally at least mentally. Detach yourself from that rotten core before it's done consuming you.

I know this may sound outrageous or downright unthinkable going by the way society sees family as some sort of sacred unit indispensable to have a fulfilling life, but that is fucking bullshit, or at the very least it is for a lot of people whose families are only rusty shackles they willingly fasten to their wrists and ankles even if they drag them down because "family is supposed to stick together" or whatever other bullcrap they've been brainwashed with. Don't buy it, past the very real need of having someone take care of you in your early years for survival reasons, family is only as important as you make it out to be. Ideally they will love and support you emotionally too but that it's not the way it always works out and it's ok to ditch them if they are more harmful than otherwise. After all, families are a lottery; You don't get to choose with whom you get stuck with. Some will get a loving, caring family and some will get a bunch of toxic deadbeat individuals that only see you as a responsibility (chore*) they must take care of if only to avoid social stigma. That may be the hand you've been dealt, however it does not mean it's the hand you have to stick with for the rest of your life. You're free to add and subtract people from it however you see fit and don't feel shitty about it. Be selfish dammit, look out for yourself (since apparently your family is not up to the task).

Once you get rid of the ever-disapproving voice of your father in the back of your head—once you free yourself from his omnipresent judgement—you may find you'll start doing things because they make you happy, instead of weighing your satisfaction based on your family's approval (or lack of thereof).

Sidenote: That was so meandery.

PHILISTINE WAY FOR LIFE!

Sidenote: Everything in that post made me laugh way more than it probably should lol (LIPTON HAHAHHAHHAHAH)

#8735 Rawrzilla, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
  16. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sweet Sweet Justice!!!! A girl at work as been being mean to me and talking about me behind my back and she only got 8 hours next week where as I got 20.

17. AlamoCity

Add baking soda to brewed tea to neutralize tannins.

#SouthernGrandmotherSecret

18. Gen

Gen

I suppose an unsweetened, strong, iced black tea wouldn't be so criminal. I was mainly referencing traditional southern sweet tea when I criticized ice tea.

I can't understand how Lipton has grown so popular. You might as well just drink the hot water at that point.

19. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Charizard is an ungrateful little bitch and it evolution could have been better. Squirtle is a fucking terrorist but Blastoise looks awesome so points for that. Now Bulbasaur he awesome he my * word that starts with N and will not say*, he shits on all the other starter pokemon.

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2015 at 09:44 PM ----------

Wait... you a southern grandmother... well... I KNEW IT !!!!! To be fair you do seem grandmother like, but male, young, and attractive.

20. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Horror movie time! Here's hoping I crap my pants *chugs laxatives*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.