1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LD579, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugerman52

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ---------- Post added 18th Jan 2015 at 11:47 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Well my friend, you may want to consider taking a cpr course, especially if that happens to him often.

#4521 rugerman52, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  2. RadioRoss

The Grand Budapest Hotel was a good movie :slight_smile: Probably the only movie where Saoirse Ronan played a good character and acted well... Also, the cinematography was phenomenal. Really beautiful, along with the music.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boyfriend and I now have a plan A for how I'll move :grin: It fits in very nicely with all our other plans.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Probably should clarify- last time it happened was when he was in high school which was long before I came into the picture. But wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.

5. rugerman52

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, those skills come in handy when you least expect them. BTW, I like your avatar.:icon_wink

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yesterday I felt something that was like an out of body experience except it wasn't. I was aware of my general location, but I was kind of half outside my body and my vision was messed up. Picasso-esque doesn't even begin to describe it. It was like seeing bits and pieces of a higher dimension. The creepiest thing of all was I didn't feel like myself. All I could think was I hope this isn't permanent. Thank hell it only lasted a few minutes. That's what I'm reminded of when I think about sanity. I might tell my GP about it, if I can think of a way to bring it up that doesn't sound crazy.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A nice guy on an online dating site contacted me again. He's a ballroom dance instructor. I want to visit his school for "art reference photos". :3

8. Stripe101

"My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music is an incredibly haunting song. It sounds like an unstable mind clinging to happiness.

Creepy

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You know it's pretty bad when skinny, white people can dance better than you.

[​IMG]

I'm willing to pay big bucks for someone to be my personal tutor.

Not out of some sense of "obligation", but because it's something I've been interested in, but far too self-conscious to try, for the longest time.

PS the people I was referring to are offline friends, not the person on the .gif image.

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Thanks.

But yeah, I hope those skills never need to be used but you never know. He's still apologizing for worrying anyone. I'm just sitting back like "holy fuck, I almost killed my boyfriend with a terrible Fat Albert as a zombie impression".

I'm just glad everything seems to be fine now.

11. 101DeadRoses

So, I was watching one of The Prodigy's music videos...

Sometimes I wonder "What the f*ck?"

Then I think drugs.

Lots.

And lots.

And lots.

Of DRUGS.

12. Burnedcloset

This thread is really messing up for me. Somone tell me if they see this post. Anyway, on to my post.

I have quite a lot to say tonight. I witnessed a lot of stuff that bothered me. Let me break it down into sections.

This stuff didn't really change my attitude though, it just bothered me for like 30 minutes after the events occurred.

borderline child abuse: my sister has been monitoring her daughter's (my niece) weight. So she decided to make her cry for like 25 minutes. Telling her "you are going to be fat and ugly. The prince is not going to like you. No more cheese sticks. No more pretzels. You are going to be a blueberry.".....this really bothered me. I wanted to yell at my sister for doing this to her child. My niece is only 6 and, she is so beautiful. She's not even chubby, she's like really thin.There's no reason to worry. She ate a little extra...what's the big freaking deal? Ugggg it was so bad. Worse then you probably think.

transphobia:

Part one: So at the market there was a magazine with bruce jenner on it. He was wearing makeup and, he appeared to have started transitioning in the picture. So I asked my nephews if they thought it was a fake picture (it was). The first thing they said was "OMG he's gay".....-_- I wanted to scream. When we got in the car I brang it up again to educate them. I told them he was not necessarily 'gay', if he is transitioning. I said "from what we know, if he is transitioning, he is lesbian". They kept saying he's got to be gay/bisexual......it was so weird.

Part two: late this evening my nephew wanted to watch tv with me. And he decided to ask me to check if the jenner magazine cover was true. I confirmed it was fake....and I decided to further my explanation of trangender folks. I read the rest of the site, explaining how hurtful transphobia is. It mentioned laleeh alcorn (I think that's her name?). Then I decided to tell him her story. I told him her story using the female pronouns because, that was natural for me. He didn't understand that. He thought I was saying a cis girl with high testosterone was not aloud to get hormone treatment. Then I explained that it was biologically a male, who is internally female. Then he said "why did you say she?"........I responded with "because that's what the website said."...I couldn't go too far with it. BUT, I couldn't make myself say the incorrect pronouns. He kept getting upset over me saying she. I got to the end of the story and he said "well I don't blame the parents".......OMFG. I cannot stand that. I wanted to jump out of my skin.

eventually he asked me in a aggressive tone "so, if your daughter wants to be a man, would you allow it?".....I replied, "well, if my daughter is internally male. I would not want HIM to feel trapped. I would have to do what makes my child happy. I do not want my child to be suicidal."....he was shocked by this. I didn't even want to talk to him anymore. This really effected me. Like, on a deep level. I wanted to cry afterwards. I'm fine now though.
    Tell me if I handled this wrong? I tryed my best.

There was a couple other things but, not as serious. Just the usual homphobic or sexist comments.

#4532 Burnedcloset, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  13. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's messing up for me too :/.

If your sister is not feeding her when she's hungry then that is just beyond cruel and IMO, child abuse. I'm sorry if this offends you but your sister would need to have some sense knocked into her. However, if this is about junk food and your sister is just trying to decrease her junk food consumption, then that would be a different story.

I think, given the circumstance, you handled it as best you could. You tried to educate and liberate him of his ignorance, and it didn't work. There's not much else you could've done tbh :/

#4533 raiden04, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  14. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Woken up by the dogs around a quarter to six this morning, now trying to decide whether to go back to sleep and wake up later than I want or stay up and feel tired later this afternoon, early evening. >____>

I've been there way too many times. :eek:

15. MisterTinkles

Don't want to go to work.

Nope don't wanna. Not one little bit.

16. Stripe101

Guidance Counselors be like:

[​IMG]

17. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everybody,

Apologies for the unexpected restart for this thread topic. There appears to be an unexpected technical issue affecting the other thread, so I've restarted this for now whilst the staff team looks into the problem with the other one.

Martin.

---------------

What are you thinking?

18. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  19. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

And here I thought I had finally been banned from the thread for overusing it...

20. Romi

I was just wondering what the heck was going on there. Interesting. Well, I'm sure you guys will get it all figured out. Until then....

I would love to know what you're trying to imply about skinny white people and their dancing skills.

And on another note...I'm starting to worry. No texts. No calls. No snaps. No nothing. That's a long commute and people in this state can't drive for shit. I'm trying to stay calm and just wait til 3 comes around. If he doesn't show up by 4:30....I'm calling the school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.