1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eponine, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I got this e-mail from my English professor today.

I feel bad now because I haven't read any of the books she's assigned us, ever, and when she calls on me I bullshit my way through just about every single question and I did the exact same thing last semester. When I volunteer an answer I'm basing it off of what I can vaguely remember from the movie adaptation. Maybe I'll try a little bit harder now...maybe. If she was trying to guilt-trip me it totally worked.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How to become Canadian! :wink:

[YOUTUBE]HOm-15621bs[/YOUTUBE]

:lol:

3. Eric

I hurt my knee in a lecture yesterday when I bumped it on a part of the table thing I was sitting at. It felt sort of like when you hit your funny bone at the time, but that feeling went away. Now, suddenly, my knee decides to cause me grief. What I wouldn't give to become a Cyborg, free of things like sickness and soreness. xD

4. Eponine

I just went to the Valley of Love in Da Lat by myself. I bought a hat. How romantic.

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A theory I have: Sadness is actually a positive energy, not a negative one.

Sadness is associated with loss, i.e. of a loved one; therefore sadness is associated with love (which is a positive emotion and therefore a positive energy). Sadness is also a result of the impact of negative energies caused by other emotions, but isn't a negative emotion itself. When shit happens, you feel sad, but sadness allows you to start dealing with that shit, and as a result, you start to feel better. Therefore sadness is a healing energy, i.e. a positive one.

That probably sounds like a really odd theory, but I'm spiritual and it makes sense in my head.

6. sanguine

hmmm although it does sound plausible, sadness to me is a negative energy, it is a result of holding on, its a reaction which causes one to feel a sense of fear and pain, which is how it is marked as a negative energy overall, with that being said negative energy isnt always necessarily bad, one has to embrace what he/she is feeling to move on and learn, staying too long in the negative energy is harmful, thats why a prolong period of sadness = depression and we all know how bad that is.
    sadness can be associated alot with the ego and fear also, which would make it a negative energy

afterall it is better to forgive when someone has done wrong, better to celebrate ones life than to grief, better to forget about the past and the worries of the future to have a better present

7. Bolin

I was almost hit by two idiots who ran the red light today. I'm a bit shaken up, but I'm mostly just pissed.

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadness is an interesting one, isn't it? XD Just like many LGBT people it has this habit of not fitting into boxes.

For me, actual negative energy would construe feelings that have an overall negative impact like anger, selfishness, greed and jealousy. These are all things that can contribute to a bad atmosphere in, for instance, a living space where people are in conflict/arguing/being generally shit towards each other. In my personal opinion, sadness is not included in this as it is caused by all the other things, but isn't a direct contribution to the bad atmosphere of said living space. This is because the sadness exists in those who are mourning the bad atmosphere and negative energy.

9. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Did I really do that?"

10. Ugh, going back to school tomorrow... Oh well.

11. Hazel

It's getting harder and harder not to just yawn when someone mentions Zelda in relation to ocarinas. I'm wondering if that game was more of a blessing or a curse for them.

12. needshelp

right now, i would love to bury my face and try to get off of the feeling primarily the bridge of my nose against the shoulder of a cold, damp shirtless guy smelling like musk. i would get high off the whole entire experience. :icon_bigg i would also like to wrap my arms around him, push myself against him and feel his muscles contract while he is breathing. i would like to feel the hot air from him breathing on me slowly. i'm not horny though. just feel like being hugged by a damp, cool shirtless hottie.

13. mike6557

just saw that the 5th song on fun.'s new album some nights is called it gets better.. :slight_smile:

14. Harve

I sort of agree. There's the 'warm, fuzzy' sadness, like when watching Lost. (or is that just me? Oh.) On the other hand, there's bereavement, depression, regret and other issues that sadness is related to. A solemn sadness without agony could be said to be positive though... it almost connotates an acceptance and a signal to 'move on'?

15. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Congressman Paul, why do you make the claim that Senator Santorum is a "fake" fiscal conservative?"

*Smiles* "Because he is."

Ohhhh no he didn't. Gotta love this reality tv show. So pointless :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

16. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Funny I was gonna buy an Ocarina, and learn the lullaby!! But like I always do.. I don't think I can be asked :lol:

17. TriCube

It's gonna be hard to stay awake for my 3 hour 8am lecture tomorrow. It's almost 3am now.:confused:

I'll be in class tomorrow longer than I'll have slept for. Oops.

18. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

It's always fun when that happens... I did the same thing all the time last semester...

19. Hazel

No offense intended, it's just a legitimate instrument with its own history and fantastic uses away from the video game that featured it. It's a little like if you picked up guitar because you like it, and forever after people are always trying to sell you Guitar Hero models, Guitar Hero songbooks, and talking to you about Guitar Hero when you mention it... always.

20. IanGallagher

Somehow I think being an orphan is what's enabling me to bring heart to the christmas script that'll likely get me ahead and bring happiness to many. I am, really oddly, the same troubled Santa in the script lol which does make him human.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.