What Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BudderMC, Jul 26, 2012.

1. RainDreamer

Firefall
    Still in closed beta, but shows a ton of potentials, and may change the whole MMO industry if it succeeds.

2. Ticklish Fish

YES!
    I play a lot of TD's, puzzles, etc.

but then again, I don't have money/time to pay for MMO's or PC games or console games.

(free) flash games is more manageable, unless yo're going for wave -as high as i can- on TD

3. vladko92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. Tim

Tim

Just finished Costume Quest and Borderlands 2 Main Story, so nothing currently. Borderlands 2...

(MASSIVE Storyline Spoilers)

Did anyone else find the plot twist that Angel wasn't just an artificial intelligence and actually a siren her father kept locked up and pumped full of Eridium just so he could release the Warrior from the Vault and control it truly screwed up and depressing? :S I like, cried when she told us to kill her in order to save the world. ._. I'm at least happy they gave her redemption for betraying the first set of Vault Hunters and then the second set. She apparently had no will, as the necklace Jack put on Lilith mind controlled her, and I assume he had the same thing on Angel at one point.

Though, what bothers me is we're supposed to always assume all 4 (or 5, if you count the Mechromancer before she's released) are present when doing storyline missions... so why didn't Angel express issue with asking Maya to come help her? She demanded Lilith not come, as she didn't want her dad to have another Siren to control, but had no issue asking Maya to come, even though Maya's a Siren.

They -attempt- to cover it up by having Lilith say Maya has no connection to Eridium, being from another planet (in one of the Echos), but that's erased by realizing Lilith did not have a connection to Eridium until the Vault open. As such, Maya could easily not have an affinity to Eridium because she's never been exposed to it like Lilith and Angel. Some others speculate it's because Maya is new to her powers, and she's still growing, so Angel did not see her as someone her father would go after. Either way, it's a plothole that bothers me.

That, and the fact when Jack killed Roland, Lilith AND the Vault Hunters all ignored the fact they had plenty of time to attack Jack. I mean, all Maya would have had to do was Phaselock him and he'd be screwed. I also cried when Bloodwing died. D: I was all NOOOO. ._.

Oh, a fun fact I did not know about Sirens: In the Borderlands universe, only 6 Sirens can exist at any one time. If one dies, a human baby is born with the Siren Tattoos and gains their powers at a later point. So, I wonder if Borderlands 3's Siren will be the one that was born when Angel died, or if it will be one of the other 3 Sirens we do not know the identitie of yet. (Though Steele is speculated to be a Siren, due to her tattoos)

One other fun fact: They said Angel's Siren Power was not related to the "phase" powers Lilith and Maya have, but instead she had the ability to manipulate and instantly understand every computer system (and project her image through them, if she so chose). That's why she was able to unlock any door, etc. that blocked either team of Vault Hunters, and why she was so confused when she was unable to unlock the door her father stopped her from.

#144 Tim, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  5. vyvance

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 mostly. Team Miguel/Bryan and Team Jinpachi/Leo.
    Some Uncharted 3 too.

6. BudderMC

Minecraft, as my Internet at home is too slow for MMOs.

But I found a Nether fortress! Now I just need to devise an experience trap for the Blaze spawners...

7. Pyrotactick

Plasma burst 2! :grin: pew pew pew pew lazors everywhere!

8. armsoutfarther

Fallout 3/New Vegas but I really want to play Heavy Rain again because it's honestly one of the best games I have ever played (and the music is brilliant).

9. Genevieve

Genevieve Guest

I'm playing Tera online.
    I'll never get bored of this game! <3

10. JPC5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't play video games all that often but I'm currently 2/3's of my way through Dragon Age: Origins with like 40 mods installed.

11. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    Animal Crossing: City Folk~

If anyone has Creepy Crystal or Creepy Carpet let me know :slight_smile:

12. LightningRider

Skyrim - Xbox360
    Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - DS
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Wii
    Sims3 - PC

n_n

13. Gallatin

NBA 2k12, Red Dead Redemption, Dragon Age: Origins, all on Xbox360.

14. Yoderrick

Skyrim for now while i wait for halo4 and dishonor

15. aeva

Skyrim. Totally obsessed.

16. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Still playing Borderlands 2 pretty hard myself, consuming enormous amounts of my time.

I also find that particular plot hole to be a bit...annoying involving Maya and Angel.

17. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
  18. spirithawk

spirithawk Guest

Crusader Kings II

Kind of a make-your-own history grand strategy game. New expansion DLC released yesterday with a bunch of good fixes. :grin:

LEARNING IS FUN!

19. IllusiveRannoch

Halo 4. So far it shows promise, even if only half way into it. Looking at how detailed the designs of everything is, it must have taken the art dev teams loads of time to work on it. So if nothing else, the graphical enhancements have spectacular quality.