1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are hallucinations?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Steam Giant, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Steam Giant

Okay, I've kinda been a little creeped out lately. Until just a moment ago, I just kind of wrote it off as...I dunno, my imagination. But now I'm beginning to wonder.

Anyway, I've been seeing the occasional tiny black...dot? Zooming past my vision in the corner of my eye. When I look there, I see nothing, but I always feel like it's an insect when I first see it. A couple of times, I've thought that one of these phantom insects landed on my arm, but obviously there was nothing there. And just now, I think I just...I'm not sure, but it felt like I saw a fly land on my desk out of the corner of my eye, but there was nothing there when I looked at it.

So is this my imagination? What exactly are hallucinations? I've also entertained the idea that it's like what you see when you get dehydrated (little white flashes), only I know I'm not dehydrated. Another idea I've had about this is a sudden change in my sleep scheduel. Last weekend and before I slept more or less 7-8 hours a night, but this past week I got 4-7 (only 7 on two nights), and last night I only got 2. This was due to my sudden increase in workload, I've been shaving off sleep time to get more time to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ^^ thanks in advance.

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Ghosts!

Urhm, its proberly the change in sleeping pattern? its been known to happen when you lose sleep, as the brain can't do this thingy (cant remember what my aunty said exactly (shes a nurse))

3. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Dust particles passing by (or in) your eye? Don't sweat it, i get those all the time and it's really just your imagination.

4. Tom

Tom Guest

it could be many things, dont worry about it unless it gets worse where you should seek advice but make sure that any changes uve made in ur life have been changed back before u do seek medical advice tho and see what effect tht has on it as 9/10 times ppl dont and its just due to lack of sleep or energyu or somet

5. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I get those too like i turn around thinking something/someone is there...and nothing =[ sometimes i get a feeling and like i see a human like thing standing in the kitchen loooking at me.

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

you're not getting enough sleep is my first guess. but i'd definatly check it out for being a side effect of your medications. i get that a lot. i swear its annoying but it does evantually go away. but i'd look into it if its bothering you.

7. Jim1454

It could be something in your eye... be sure to get it checked out if you notice the dark spots getting larger, or if there is any bright flashing lights in your eye.

8. TeeBe

It could be floaters. To check it out, I'd talk with an optomatrist. They are relatively common, and usually harmless. In some cases, it can be indicative of things like glaucoma. In general though, nothing to worry about, unless they start to obstruct your vision or get really irritating.

9. TriBi

^ TeeBee is right - I would imagine they are just "floaters"...I have them - so do a lot of people - never worried me.

Oh - and if you were having hallucinations - you'd know about them! They would be a LOT more dramatic than just the odd "spot" in your vision, LOL.

10. 24601

I've had that too. I'm really paranoid about bugs - I hate them. I don't think it's hallucinations, but if you think somethings wrong you might as well follow what everyone else said.

11. EthanS

EthanS Guest

oo i seen block dots n white dots b4 , but i jus leave them

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have a couple of floaters too. No big deal once you know what they are.

13. Steam Giant

Thanks very much for your advice, everyone! I was really getting worried for a while there. It I turned out to be schizophrenic to some degree in addition to my other mental problems...well, I'm just glad that I'm not ^^ thanks again!