1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what am I

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Diane05, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Diane05

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So for the past two years i have identified as a lesbian, because that was all i new on why i felt different. But i have felt more and more that i might actually be a guy. I do everything a guy would do i have always wanted to look like a guy, and sometimes i used to try to make my chest as flat as possible. over the past few months i have grown envious of my brother, because he is a boy. I have always felt wrong in my body, and have always kinda wanted to be a guy. But i am still kinda confused. does anyone have any advice.

2. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here’s my advice, seeing as it’s quite apparent that you’ve got some form of Gender Dysphoria/Bodily Dysmorphia:

Present as masculine(“Boy Mode”) for a week, see how it makes you feel. If you feel whole, then you very well be Trans. Yes, I know that some people may disagree with the term “whole”, but it’s how I knew I was Trans. If your family isn’t the questioning type, cut your hair short, if you don’t like it, hair grows back. If you like it, keep it like that. Wear clothing that’s more masculine. Yes, I know it’s the generic stuff, but it helps. If your city has a Resource Centre, see if you can get a chest binder. Also at the Centre, they can help you get into see a counselor. They can help you further along. They can help you determine if you want to go on hormones.
    If this week of “Boy Mode” doesn’t make you feel complete, you could be Gender Fluid.

Around January the year I come out, I had started wearing unpadded bras underneath my work clothes, it helped me feel a lot better, but I fully come to accept myself until one night at karaoke, when I had “Girl Moded” it. On my way there, a little girl had asked her mother(after seeing me): is that a boy or a girl? (Even before hormones, I had a mild feminine look) but it had gotten me thinking. And even though I’d had a couple of beverages, as soon as the “this is me” revelation hit me, I found myself the clearest I’d been for months.