1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BlueFoxfireS8, Jun 19, 2011.

1. BlueFoxfireS8

I've been feeling so crushed lately. For the past week, I had at least five arguments with two family members about how unfair they are to me. One was about how I always have to spill and can't be trusted in turn, the rest were about how better they treat my brother and sister than me.

I'll explain the latter more. You see, I always have to put more effort into relationships with them. If there is any heat between me and one of them they call on me to be understanding and patient and I do comply, I will let it go and act like it didn't happen. However, if I would complain about something one of them did they would immediately call me impatient and short-tempered. I've always my parents favors too, small one but big in effect. Like being they bridge between them and my siblings, I have to be responsible and understanding and patient and all that. Basically, I have to act the eldest despite being the middle.

And after all that, how I would let them go free after the bad things they hurl at me, the moment I complain and become irritated, I get a lecture on what an awful person I am. On top of that, they don't like it when I say that I have done things that rightly deserve a mention, saying that I'm just justifying what wrong I did but standing up for me.

Like I said, just feeling so crushed that I have to take all of this. I don't have an ally at the moment and they keep twisting my words and make me out as worse than they already see me. :tears: I just need some reassurance and kind words. :tears:

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a similar problem with my parents and my brother. He's always gotten more attention than me and i'v always been the one who has issues with my family because i'm the one who stands up to them. It turns out the issue is more that my brother just does what they ask without questioning them.

You only need to put up with it for a little longer. Once you're out of the house they'll lose all control over your life (even if they don't realize it and try to control you anyways). So stick it out, be nice to them, they're the only family you've got. You can talk to them about it if you want, but it sounds like it might end in a fight.