1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what aged person would you date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by happydavid, Sep 19, 2014.

?

younger or older

Poll closed Sep 29, 2014.
  1. younger

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. older

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. same age

34 vote(s)
    52.3%
  4. age is unimportant

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same age, easier to relate to usually. :icon_bigg But there's some +/- here of course, does not have to be the exact age.

2. FtMart

I don't care about age but the person needs to be mature enough to handle situations. I don't want to date anyone under age but I'd date someone in their twenties or so maybe up to a 12-14+ age difference depending on my age at the time.

3. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

I can't even answer this without incurring .....but that dude is f'en hilarious @ j cleaver. Makesh me laff!

“Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why so great a portion of mankind, after nature has long since discharged them from external direction (naturaliter maiorennes), nevertheless remains under lifelong tutelage, and why it is so easy for others to set themselves up as their guardians. It is so easy not to be of age. If I have a book which understands for me, a pastor who has a conscience for me, a physician who decides my diet, and so forth, I need not trouble myself. I need not think, if I can only pay - others will easily undertake the irksome work for me.

That the step to competence is held to be very dangerous by the far greater portion of mankind...”
    ― Immanuel Kant, An Answer to the Question: What Is Enlightenment?

4. RedFireFly

Sameage or excactly 6 days younger

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My rule is two years younger, three years older. So from 16-21 as of tomorrow.

6. ChameleonSoul

I'd prefer to have someone about my age. I don't care if we would be the same exact age, but just be close enough in age to relate to each other. So I'd say about +/- 3 years.

7. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same age or three year gap older/younger

8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends. I really don't think it's a good idea for young people (16 - 25) to date people more than a couple of years older or younger as the relationship dynamic can be so wrong. I'm not saying it will never work out, but the chances are heavily stacked against it. It follows that I (at 38 years old) would not date someone in that age range.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

Same age or really close

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Age doesn't matter to me, but life stage does.

I see things working best if the person I'm interested in is in a similar life stage - in my case, with a few years of school left yet to get started on a decent career.

11. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    18-23 is my target age. I'd be willing to go older, but not much older.

12. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really mind if someone is older or younger than me, so long as the age gap isn't too significantly large... Maybe five year difference at most I guess? Idk, my girlfriend is about four years younger than me >.>

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hardly consider age unless it's a very big difference. I think I could make a healthy relationship with someone considerably younger, older, or near the same age. Not that I have, because both of my relationships have been with girls only very slightly older than I XD.

14. Blossom85

Age to me is not overly important, but at the same time, is a little bit.. I usually do about 10 years on either side of myself, younger and older.. I don't wanna date someone who is young enough to be my child and I don't want to date someone old enough to be my parent. It is just how I personally feel on the situation. I wouldn't feel comfortable being intimate with someone the same age or similar age to my parents as I know I would just be thinking this person could be my own parent. Not a good thing to think whilst being intimate with someone.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    16 - 23, I guess. I could go above 23 - but there isn't a chance in hell that I'd date anyone below 16. Even 16 is pushing it.

16. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same age or older

17. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right now only a few years older/younger. I find when you get older, age gaps are less of a big deal. For example, right now a five year difference would mean I'd be dating a 12 or 22 year old :lol:

18. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being newly out, I never thought I'd date someone more than a year older than me, but my bf is 31 and not too much more experienced than I am, and he also has no problem with the fact that I've never dated before, and I just realized this is a giant run-on sentence but whatever.

19. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Same age, or slightly older. I'll be 19 in a few months, and my partner is almost 21. Which is perfect for me, and even though there's a bit of a gap, both of us are mature enough, and have enough of our own experiences, to share, relate, and learn from each other. If she were slightly older, there may be more of a concern given my current age, but I couldn't be happier.

In this respect, I wouldn't want to date someone younger, at least any younger than eighteen, I would think (but it's subjective on the person, of course). I tend to connect more with older individuals, and hardly relate, or take to immaturity, lack of experiences, etc. I like being with people who can challenge me, and encourage me to grow, and those people tend to be older than myself.

20. Ainsley

I've only once been attracted to someone younger than me. Otherwise, they've all been older... and it's just their mentalities. I haven't met many people my age that mentally stimulate me the way I'd prefer they could. Then again, I've never really made a friend in the 14-18 range, honestly. Just people I know and can listen 5 or 10 things about.

All of my closest friends are 6-10 years older than me, and are from the internet. The youngest one, being 6 years older, is who I currently have a crush on. A little depressing; but it's whatever =P. I can get over it. I think we mesh better as friends anyhow.