1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about you breaks a gay stereotype?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nova713, Sep 2, 2008.

1. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't mean to be rude, I'm sorry, why do you capitalize every word, it makes it really hard to (want to) read...

2. marri

well I'm pretty girly, I love playing with makeup and hair

3. boredofnormal

Hey Johnny ~ what do you mean by 'low church Christian'...? that is a term I've never heard before.
    Tim

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I dont speak like a gay person most of the time, and my friends say they dont see me with a gay vibe.

5. quickymart

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't have a lisp
    I don't believe in casual sex with ppl I just meet
    I believe in starting a relationship before sex, NOT sex then a relatiohship
    I hate abercrombie and fitch.
    I don't buy brand clothes, and refuse to pay anythng above $20 for a shirt
    I don't like pink or purple.
    I'm not into clubs/bars.

6. Mana

I hate sports, cars etc...

7. Andrew

Haha, sadly. Nothing :slight_smile: I fit into a gay stereotype. lolol.

oh well if you consider playing volleyball out of the stereotype.

8. jotheoneandonly

all my friends thought i was gay, before i came out. but i don't see myself as a steryotype.... come to think of i yes i do. don't let the pic and gender fool you. who else is in love with the new volvo xc70?

9. Somedays I have a lisp. But its not purposely. its just how I talk. I can't control it my friends think its because I have a crossbite
    But idk D':

but I'm more of a guy then a guy acting like a girl :slight_smile:
    Plus I am messy. Not organized at all. :confused:

10. I hate dance club music, don't like listening to cher, I can't dress well and have a hard time shopping for clothes that look good.

----------

I love going to a bar and listening to a good band rather than go to the dance clubs... that's what else I can add

11. Sicsemper79

I am damn near the opposite of every gay stereotype there is. I have a very straight sounding voice, played sports in HS and wasn't half bad at them, worked with the military, I am a bit of a gun nut, I drink beer, most of my friends are straight guys... not girls or gay guys, I don't wear many trendy clothes.... you will never find me at a gay club, I don't do drugs, I am not at all promiscuous (though not a prude either). Cant think of any others... but most people don't think I come off gay at all.

12. mmilam75

I defy stereotypes. The few times I've been in a club, it's driven me insane. I'm not insanely into fashion, and my idea of a good time is watching football. Before a knee injury, I was actually going to play football in college. On a Saturday, you're as likely to find me on a shooting range testing out my new Springfield .45 as you are to find me doing anything else. I'm fairly conservative and everyone I've told that I am gay, with the exception of family, has been genuinely shocked because, unless you know me, you would not guess that I am gay at all.

I am the anti-stereotype :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Peter

Particularly in England, we have two extremes in the Churches: "Anglo-Catholic" means churches with a lot of vestments, rituals, incense, bells, etc - also known as "high-church" (though Anglo-Catholic is a little higher usually than high-church); "Low Church", means more guitars, ministers wearing street clothes, sermons containing little theology and more references to news and current events.

Obviously, reality is more complex than what I put in here with every shade in between the extremes...

----------

I have been married (to a woman) for over 27 years, I have two grown children (one of whom has a master's degree in theology), I am an active Christian (not anglo-Catholic and not closeted).

14. Dr Acula

1/3 of my (admittedly small) music collection is Metallica. If I'm not going out I generally won't look gay - messy hair, baggy jeans etc.

15. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    - I love shopping.
    - I'm fascinated with clothing design.
    - Sewing is one of my passions...I make plushies (little stuffed dolls) and sell them. :slight_smile:
    - I love cute things.
    - I love happy things.
    - I'm a pacifist.
    - I love flowers.
    - I like to smell girly.
    - I wear makeup (admittedly, this is mostly because I look like a 12 year old without it, but it still counts).

16. tokwa

I watch UFC, WWE, and NBA.
    Disorganized, lazy.
    I love urban fashion, you know, duck billed caps and SB shoes and all.

Oh my God that's about it.

17. Anton

Anton Guest

I'm not crazy about shopping or fashion and I can change a tire?

18. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I wear skirts...alot

19. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm messy. I hate cleaning my place

20. Holmes

I generally wear my clothes until they start fraying, then replace them with something very similar. I'm not at all into fashion, I have a serious of red jumpers at home with holes in them. When one got frayed, I went out and got something nearly the same again.

Equally, all I do with my hair (apart from washing it in the shower in the morning) is get it cut every four months or so, until it starts falling in front of my eyes. A fairly standard haircut at that.

I couldn't really be called camp, few would guess that I'm gay. Some are mildly surprised because they hadn't considered it, but no one would be shocked.

I'm not really sure who Perez Hilton is, and have no interest in celebrity gossip.

I'm not into flowers, or pink, or anything like that. I'm not really that into common comforts, I don't really complain that my room is the coldest in the house. Nothing in my room is particularly fancily decorated, even if I am neat.

When I was young, the first gay couple I knew were friends of my parents. One of them is quite camp, the other was hardly at all, and I kind of figured it made sense like that.