1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westboro Baptist Church to Picket CT Funerals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rakkaus, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

Chip, this time you have it 100% on the dot correct.

I looked them up a few years ago, and i saw how they are one big angry family, bringing up generations to hate hate hate.
    It clearly says in all Bibles and Baptists theology that God is love, Jesus died for all sins that any believer may be saved, and that he who hates is a murderer and has no place in heaven.
    The stuff online and in papers are blasphemous, I think they must be KKK or neoNazis.
    They do need attention, and need therapy.
    There is also nothing any Baptist organization can do to make them remove the name Baptist, so my church took the label off our church because of peeps like them. Not cool.

Please do as Chip suggests, I wish media would...ignore them. Or if you beileve in God, pray for their souls because they seem to be unsaved.

2. IkeaMonkey

Yup. I'd be more shocked if they didn't do anything.

I hope the Hells Angels go and peacefully prevent them from getting close. They did that at the 9 year old that got murdered during the Tucson shootings. If I remember correctly, they would rev their engines whenever Westboro would start chanting. That is awesome. That needs to happen again. Not just for this, but for future funeral pickings as well. If not Hells Angels then a group of supporters blocking them from getting anywhere near the funeral. It's happened before and I have no doubt that it will happen for this.

3. NickD

And Fred Phelps lives on... Of course he takes the "opportunity" of a tragedy to further his sad agenda.

For a long time, I was so enraged at the Westboro Baptist Church for anything and everything they taught. But I've realized that every one of his flock (who are also in some way related to him) are just lost souls. They have come under Phelps's spell because he IS charismatic (unfortunately). But that doesn't make him right, or someone who represents Christianity on the whole.

I'm Catholic (make any joke or assumption you want), but I value the sanctity of life and the necessity of understanding and acceptance in my day to day living. Christianity is where the entirety of the flock accepts everyone and helps them grow, not admonish and spin hatred against humanity for perceived "sins."

I think our best defense against the WBC is to live against them. To love and accept all for who the are and not for who we think they should be. It is not our place to judge our fellow man. All we can do is live the best as we see fit and help others when they need it.
    Fred and his misguided flock may picket, but that doesn't mean we have to accept it and let it happen as they want it to. Why not organize a group of love that shields the families from the WBC hatred? Why not be a resource for the victims? If we want to combat their misguided protest, the best we can do is negate their hatred with love.

4. Ticklish Fish

that's passive aggressive and they're too dense to get the message...

pretty much they're the people adding oil to the fire of crisis when people are already dealing with fire.... um, bad analogy

5. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    They make me sick , but hey if I lived in CT I'd risk going to jail and go up to them grab their picket signs and wack them on the head with their stupid signs. And I'll happily put the cuffs on myself so they can cry assault all they want ill gladly take the punishment.

6. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The WBC is a group of real-life trolls. When the KKK calls someone a hatemonger, then they are definitely on the lunatic fringe.

Anyways, its possible they won't protest, they've made false threats before.

#26 Gold Griffin, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  7. Deaf Not Blind

Then why does media love them? Oh yeah! FEAR SELLS! So I think we should stop watching any form of media that sells WBC. They want to cover them, then I won't watch them. Loss of revenue and viewers will speak volumes.

8. TheSwagganator

A while back, something came up about one of their children disagreeing with the views of WBC. The parents ended up completely disowning her and the rest of the group had no objections to it. They are just crazy, and we can't do much about it. The best thing would be to just stop paying them any attention.

9. Ticklish Fish

if I remember correctly, I think the children is a female and is in college or was in college!?

10. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is sick a comment on the link, Tony Capo
    You people are dirt dumb. WBC is giving you a very simple message that you obviously need. Conneticut passed Same sex marriage and God answerd you by sending a shooter to kill your kids. the end;

11. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow, God has a delayed reaction, it takes him more than 4 years to send a punishment?

12. Deaf Not Blind

So so sad.

13. Gen

Gen

Theist, Agnostics, Atheists..

Regardless of what we are. Regardless of what we believe. We must all join together in hope and wish that, even if their isnt a higher power or heaven, there has be a hell. Some form a punishment bestowed upon humans based on their actions on earth. There is no justice in individuals such as these not being held accountable for their unfathomably hateful actions.

Exactly.

14. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No one deserves to suffer for an eternity. Not even monsters like Timur or Hitler.

15. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

I find it more reasonable to hope that there exists a state after death in which people, anyone, can realize and regret their errors yet be pardoned at the same time.

Also, Lanza made a thread on 4chan's /b/ 2 days before the attack. He said he was going to kill himself on friday and that it would make the news. The only other information he gave was that he lived in Connecticut.

#35 plasticcrows, Dec 15, 2012
  16. Gen

Gen

Well, I wasnt speaking literally, more satirically. Personally, I dont hold strong belief in 'heaven' or 'hell' specifically, despite being a theist. I find them to be simple minded in thoery.

#36 Gen, Dec 15, 2012
  17. Deaf Not Blind

Hell is so awful, nobody should want to go or wish others there...instead its better to hope, pray, and set example so maybe God will send something to awaken them to the truth before they do die and end up in eternal torment.

I wish nobody but the devil there...

18. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Satan is actually a pretty cool guy. I've spoken to him over a cigarette. We talked about Orion and shroud of turin.

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  20. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I knew this was coming. In fact, I was just talking about it with my mom today about how I wouldn't be surprised if those pieces of shit picketed for the school shooting.