1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird dilemma

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Boyfriend, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, my boyfriend has this fabulous sparkly italian ladyfriend and she invited us (my boyfriend, my parents and me) to spend x -mas and new year (includes my boyfriends birthday) with her.
    On the other hand, we are invited by relatives in Ireland (Connaught) for the same period.

Here´s the pro and con list:
    Italy pro:
    Fantastic city to visit (Milan), staying in a big mansion, big presents, big banquets, treated like royalty basicly, sparkling host, not to mention she has quite a few cars, like fast cars and classical ones. Both my boyfriend and I love the cars and she and her driver will take us for spins if we ask. Host and most of her friends are gayfriendly. Lots of them know my boyfriend. Plenty of room to move for a wheelchair.
    Cons:
    Some of her friends are stuck up and homophobes, but we are not sure if they are invited. That´s about it, I think. My parents know her, she´s been here, but they haven´t gone there yet.

Ireland pro:
    My boyfriend can meet a lot of my relatives at once, cozy, homemade meals, some of my relatives play instruments and sing and it´s likely that they will do when together. My boyfriend has never been to Ireland, or at least doesn´t remember. He would love the landcape.
    Cons:
    It will be bloody cold. But on the other hand, we might get a white x-mas and inside it´s warm. Going about with a wheelchair, even the small one, might a bit of a problem in the houses (but we can work around that, I can support him as he kinda walks).
    Some relatives are homophobes, most of them are quite religious and there will be expected churchgoing.
    A lot of relatives don´t know my boyfriend yet and I´m scared of reactions, since he is well, very stereotype fem. He is very lovable though. One of my Irish aunties that saw him for the first time called him "a bit of a fairy" and loved him to bits. So maybe I shouldn´t be so scared, but it´s mostly the men I expect to make some remarks.

We can always drop by at the ladyfriend in Italy, not so much at the relatives in Ireland.

We will vote, so it might not even matter what I want if the other three vote something different, but at the moment I don´t even know what to vote for...My boyfriend doesn´t know either, so that´s no help...

Please help!

2. Diego89

My vote is for Italy! But is there no chance of doing both. Like spending xmas at your family's and new year's eve at Italy? You got a place to crash in both places so money shouldn't be an issue and it's not a very long flight.

Whatever you do, it sounds awesome! Ironically I'll be probably spending new year's eve at Vegas! ha.

3. lil boi

Aww, lucky. I'm probably gonna stay home for Christmas this year. :frowning2:

Anyways, first of all, did you already tell your family in Ireland that you're positive you're going to visit them? If you already promised them that then you shouldn't just ditch them for someone who's more rich. And it'll be even worse if they found out later you ditched them for Italy.

But if you didn't agree yet to where you'll be going, then go where you want to go. I mean if your parents would also like to go there to. You shouldn't go to Italy expecting your parents to want to go to if they really wanted to go to Ireland instead. Unless your parents say it's up to you, then you can go where ever you like.

Anyways, you did say you could go to Italy anytime so why don't you go to Ireland instead? By the next time you see your relatives a lot of them could move on with their lives and pass away.

But too bad you can't just go to one first and then go to the other one after. That's what my parents do in order to go both places. We usually tell our relatives that we have to "get home early" instead of "we're gonna go spend the other half of our vacation somewhere else". lol.

And there will always be homophobes everywhere so you can't do anything about that. :/

But also ask your bf and parents what they want. You're not the only one going so their opinions do count as well. :wink:

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    both options sound equally good (homophobes aside, and homophobes ignored - as they should be!!!)

I would sound out how the others feel.. you will reach an easy decision I am sure

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We vote about these kind of things that affect all of us.
    My mom told the relatives in Ireland that we would think about it.
    It´s not like one party gets ditched. In fact, the ladyfriend in Italy invited us first, but my parents told her also we would think about it. She doesn´t like to accept in the spur of the moment just because it´s hard to say "no thanks" in someones face.

My boyfriend would love to go to Ireland, but also loves to go to his ladyfriend. He will feel more at ease there. But then again, we can go there any time. And Ireland will be very special and different for him. He mingled with the wealthy and famous. What is jawdropping for me is normal for him and vice versa, kinda cool, he loves "normal family life".
    My dad kinda leans to the ladyfriend, after all, he already knows the relatives very well (my parents have been together for ages), my mom to Ireland (she´s Irish), but they might vote different to please us...

But I will suggest going both to Ireland and Italy. Then we have to discuss where to go first, but I could totally leave that to my parents.

That would be a good solution when it ends up in a draw too...

Thanks!

6. Joey4

I like how the cons mostly have to do with homophobes.

I went to Ireland around the time you're going about 4-5 years ago. It's not that cold, at all. We went to Galway which is in the Connaught province and it was warmer than than in Dublin.

If you've never been, it's amazing. But then again, travel for me always is. And my opinion is biased of course.

7. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I´m sure he´ll love Ireland (and the people).

My parents thought that deviding our holiday between the two was a splendid idea.
    So it´s x-mas in Ireland and new year´s eve and boyfriends´ birthday in Italy!
    SOOOOOO looking forward to it !

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're going to have a great time; enjoy the planning!

9. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you!