1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jeimuzu, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Maybe the scales were inaccurate. If the reading seems this unlikely I think you should check on different scales to to confirm your weight before making plans based on the one reading.

2. JSG

JSG Guest

Argh !
    All these lbs and ft are so vague to me lol
    Only Defender was kind enough to use kilos :icon_bigg
    I'm 1m75 and 62kg, I think I may be a little underweight, but that's ok.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Im 5ft 11 and 11stone-ish =/ So fat....

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'm 5' 10" and 12 stone 5 pounds so definitely overweight. I was 13 stone at the beginning of January though so I'm losing weight at a reasonable rate. I'm aiming for about 11 stone.

5. Jace

im 5'9" and 123 and like an 18.2 on the BMI scale thing but my tummys a bit pudgy, i prolly need to exercise some considering i never do

6. step49x

BMI Converter

Um, I'm around 5'8"/173cm and 125lbs/57kg. I had a 19 BMI. It's not like I don't eat, I do. I snack a ton, too. I've got a pretty small frame, though.

7. latinolover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    im 5.6 and i weight 105 is that bad but i do gymnastics and capoeira. but i eat like a fat pig..do i need to loose weight...i dunno u tell me but i think im a lil fat ...lawl

8. step49x

Just FYI, your BMI is 17. If you loose any more weight, you'll start having health problems. :wink: For your height, "normal weight" begins at 115, and goes up to 150 or so. As long as you continue staying active (with gymnastics and the like) and eating, I wouldn't worry about your weight.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

My BMI is 24.8, which is right at the top end of the normal weight range. I do need to lose a bit around my waist. Hopefully more exercise and continuing to eat sensibly should do that over the next few months. My target weight-range (10-11 stone, 140-154 pounds) would put me in the middle of the normal range.

10. TriBi

The only problem with these BMI 'calculators' is that they can be grossly inaccurate.

For instance - you could have two people of the same weight and height - but with very different physical characteristics.

If one happened to be lean but well muscled - he could well display a higher BMI that another person who had little musculature but far too much fat - and guess who would be the healthiest...

11. Vampyrecat

Okay, firstly, 133lbs is NOT massively overweight. It is completely normal to have a bit of flab on your hips and belly. Everyone does. It's your body naturally depositing fat evenly to keep your organs warm and healthy.
    I am 5'4 and 110-115lbs. I also have a bit of a hip and belly flab. But I don't think you should consider yourself massively overweight because that can lead to eating and exercise disorders. These disorders can seriously compromise your health, and it is something I know of first hand. When I was 13, I had anorexia. I thought I was so fat, like a bloated whale. Nobody's scales could convince me otherwise. Even when I was skin and bone I still didn't believe them. I got down to 43 kgs (about 80 lbs).
    This has seriously damaged my health and I still have problems today from what I did to myself three years ago. I don't want anyone else to go down that path. It's okay to have a pudge on your hips and belly. It's not like we're all meant to look like Greek Gods and Supermodels.
    Its okay to eat healthy and exercise, but don't let it get out of hand. You're a healthy weight.
    If you ever want to talk about anything, feel free to either email me or PM me.
    Hope this helps.
    Tess.

12. Kimi

5'11'' and 133lbs!?!?

You are skinny!!!!

I'm like 5'7" or 8" and 140lbs!!!!
    Don't you dare call me fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

13. Orion

Hmm maybe the scales were broken or you weighted innacurately..
    Anyways.. for you worriers I'm 171cm (Between 5'7" and 5'8) and used to weight...
    225 pounds (102Kg ish)

Don't worry though I'm now down to 176 (80 Kg) and still counting..
    Imagine how it'll be when I come out and lose all that weight.. I won't even recognise myself!

14. sexyalex

lmao:roflmao: hhahahaha i am not going to lie that made me turn over in my chair.

15. latinolover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    omg now im scared am i really to skinny .....my parents think im an anerexic beyotchh .....nd always wanna take me to the hospita;l but i say im not [but he see me eat alot]i dunno why he always askkks???

16. Grof142007

Thnks for posting that you made me feel alot better about myself:thumbsup:

17. Jim1454

That's how I react too!!! Self defeating though...

Remember that everyone is different (and special!!) - not better or worse. Being healthy is more important than being fat or skinny in my opinion. I'm 5'11 and I'm 215lbs. I would be much happier if I was 180, and I'd certainly settle for being 190.

I have a larger frame I think - there's just NO WAY I'd be able to achieve 140lbs - but that's not to say that it's TOO thin for someone else.

Body image can be SO damaging to your sense of worth. Remember that it's only one aspect of who you are, and that you're likley being WAY more critical of how you look than anyone else around you.

And when the time is right and you meet the person that you fall in love with, they'll see through your physical imperfections and think you're the best thing since sliced bread - even if you can't see that yourself.

18. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The reason your not gaining is because those things are empty calories. And they aren't healthy. (I'm one to talk...my eating well its what it is.) But if you want to gain weight try eating more pasta...I used to be a over weightish becuase I used to eat nothing but pasta and bread. But then I changed eating habits and I started working out and now...well now things are different.

But I recommend you eat pasta and eat other healthy as well! (I started gaining before I started working out. while eating healthy) Oh and meat helps too...I don't eat meat though.lol

19. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Man....I feel tiny now. I'm five and quarter and roughly 108. (sometimes less and sometimes more but 108 is steady for me). Though I have a pudgey stomach...I want a flat stomach though!

20. Poko

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 160 pounds and 6.2 feet - yet I don't have a flat stomach at all. Does anyone know how I can help this?