1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight. I'm sick of it.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jeimuzu, Sep 22, 2007.

1. surfrboykai

brah. know how many calories yer takin in, and burn off more than you take in. it's not difficult

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go to Google.

Type: 202.5 lbs in kg

Be amazed.

3. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks it did work
    im 83pounds i think but i think i might be less than 38kgs will have to weigh myself again
    my mum said im to skinny but the doctor has said a couple of times that my weight is ok

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah Google has some pretty cool hidden features, huh?

5. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    Youre 19.Unless its all flab, I wouldnt worry.

6. rorotherara

rorotherara Guest

Weight...an enemy that burdens us all.
    D:
    Anyways, first things first, cut down on your consumptions and start jogging. Do you need the skin for the chicken? Slice, dice, and roll. Getting hungry often? Eat small portions throughout the day and fill your plate up with all you need to avoid seconds. Eat fruit to replace the precious candy bars, and don't forget to eat plenty of white meat and fish. Jogging for an hour each morning keeps me toned and the flab from the ab, and you don't even have to be a super fast runner. Take as long as you need and work your way up.
    Jogging a bit too drab for you? Plug in you earphones and jam to it while you run. While we are on music, dance in the morning like crazy in the privacy of your own room (burns calories!) And most important of all, don't let anyone put you down for trying to better yourself. It's your health and looks, so push on, push on! :slight_smile: I've played tennis to replace the drabness of jogging 24/7 and I practice archery to maintain my arm muscles. Even distribution!

7. pete92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your weight for your height is ok Jayden. I think you look just fine.(*hug*)

8. budhead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't met you in person, but I'm wondering if you're being too hard on yourself.

I looked at your gallery photos. You didn't mention your height, but you look strong and healthy in your photos. I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley!

Have you tried weight training along with your cardio? Muscle mass increases your metabolism, so you'll burn even more calories even at rest. You'll also get some nice muscle definition.

I think you'll enjoy doing your cardio outside by walking, biking or jogging, then you won't be making so much noise in the house. Climbing stairs in a building is good exercise, if your knees can take it.

Hopefully you are eating healthy, that junk food from McPukes will suck the energy and strength out of anyone. Starving yourself isn't effective as your body goes into a survival mode which burns even less calories.

Good luck. Keep us updated on your progress, please.

9. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Just wondering, how do you determine your build?
    I heard of something that has to do with your wrists, but I'm not sure 'bout that.

10. Vates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Losing weight is simple. I got from 105 lbs down to about 72. (Then gained back to a 'healthier' weight)

Firstly, start a diary - nothing too scary! In this diary record what and when you eat. Take note of the calories and grams of fat in your foods (this isn't always possible, but get a rough idea). Record any and all exercise in here, as well as your weight.

It is rather important to determine your BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate [link], Your BMR is the amount of calories that your burn in an average day but be careful! These aren't always accurate, but they do give a general idea.

Subtract any calories burned through exercise from your calorie intake.

Using your total calories for the day and your BMR, work out what's going on with your numbers. Any numbers over your BMR aren't generally good news whilst numbers below your BMR are great in moderation - don't eat too little because that is no good for weightloss (your body will enter starvation mode which is NOT good), nor is it good for your health.

Now you need to get active - just the smallest amount of exercise will kick excess weight fair up the butt, take the stairs instead of the elevator and where possible, walk instead of driving. All that kind of jazz. On your day off, go for a walk an appreciate the scenery. I don't believe that you initially need to make a massive effort to exercise, no sit-ups or anything as onerous as that! Just make more active decisions when you go about your business. This will also tone you and prepare your body for future exercises. You can't build a roof until you have a house to put it on, can you?

Remember, that just because you're trying to lose weight does not mean you have to let go of everything you enjoy. Allow yourself to have little treats now and then, but make sure that they're treats and not something that you allow into your daily intake.

Lastly, I advise that you don't weigh yourself often, I'm not sure if you spoke about your weighing habits, but remember that weighing once a week is fine, but stay away from it all other times. If you weigh more often than that, you'll be frustrated by seeing the numbers day after day. Weight loss takes time, and daily fluctuations, water retention etc. can mess with the numbers.

If I wanted to bore you, I'd lecture you with ramblings about leptin, but what I've written above is weightloss mystyle in a nutshell. I'm 17, 5'3 and maintaining at 83-ish lbs (BMI of 14.7), so it definately works, if only for me.

Good luck with the weight loss, it's hard, but I'm sure that you'll do great (*hug*)

#30 Vates, Oct 14, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  11. budhead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Ezjaxter.

HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR BODY FRAME SIZE

Determining frame size using the wrist method: To determine the body frame size, measure the wrist with a tape measure and use the following chart to determine whether the person is small, medium, or large boned.

Wrist circumference is measured at the wrist crease, the area between the wrist bone and the bottom of the hand.

WOMEN: height under 5'2"
    small = wrist size less than 5.5"
    medium = wrist size 5.5" to 5.75"
    large = wrist size over 5.75"
    height 5'2" to 5' 5"
    small = wrist size less than 6"
    medium = wrist size 6" to 6.25"
    large = wrist size over 6.25"
    height over 5' 5"
    small = wrist size less than 6.25"
    medium = wrist size 6.25" to 6.5"
    large = wrist size over 6.5"

MEN:
    height over 5' 5"
    small = wrist size 5.5" to 6.5"
    medium = wrist size 6.5" to 7.5"
    large = wrist size over 7.5"

This site shows the elbow method: http://www.idealbodyweightchart.com/framesizes.htm

This site has a calculator: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/fsz

This web site measured 5 different locations on a body to determine frame size, so it can get complicated. http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/75/6/1012?ck=nck

12. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I'm over 5' 5" with a wrist size of 6" 3/8.
    So, small frame.

13. William1

Hey, there's something wrong with you. I weight the same as you and you're like three years older. The school doctor says I'm underweight for my age, coz 38kg or 85 pounds is the average weight of an 11 year old, and I should be 45 kilos, and he wants me to put on more weight.

I play all the sports and I do swimming and cross country running, and all the grownups say I eat enough for a small third world nation, but I can't put the weight I need on. I guess you must be the same - only more. :icon_bigg

14. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Before, I was 160 pounds and my waist line measured 36 inches. I did serious cardio and cut my fat intake. After two months, I was able to reduce 30 pounds of weight and 5 inches of waist line.

You may want to read Oprah's Make the Connection as well.