1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning: tmi. Anal sex issues?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kevin k, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So I normally top my bf cause he doesn't feel comfortable on top. recently he told me he was willing to be on top for me, and I of course accepted. I've never done anything more than a finger or two before, but I was plenty ready, (or so I thought). He got at least 3 or 3.5 inches in, but any more and I got this pressure and light pain. Anyone know if there is any way to make this better so I can take him all next time? Sorry for the tmi but there's really no better way to word this.

2. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi

I'm not expert. I've only bottomed a half dozen times. First, size matters. So, a larger guy is more difficult at first. So, this could be the reason.

The trick, I found is to get really loosened up and relaxed. Have him SLOWLY finger you with lots of lube. LOTS OF LUBE. Get used to the idea. It probably helps to use a toy on yourself some too just to get the feeling.

Then you be on top and take control of the speed and depth of insertion. LOTS OF LUBE. When/if it hurts...stop there and just have him go real slow and no deeper at that depth. For me, I relax doing this and pretty soon he is all the way in and it didn't hurt...maybe a little...but not enough to stop.

I think everyone's experience is different and different positions work for different guys. This should be fun so don't get too stressed if it doesn't work and do something else and come back to it later.

Angelica g likes this.
  3. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my experience, get an anal douche bulb and wash out before hand if you hadn’t, also a lube syringe put one or two squirts inside, go slow and easy, relaxing helps.

Also try to eat light if your planing to be the bottom. Less intestinal gas pressure.

Did I mention to go slow and easy to start, because you should go slow and easy.

4. smurf

It truly just takes practice. Most people cannot bottom the first time that they try. Like Nick said relaxing, being in control, and tons of good lube is the trick. Pain means to slow down and start again, so go you for stopping when you body told you to.

EC has a great article here

Here is a video on some tips on how to safely do it. She a sexologists and makes this super accessible to learn.

This isn't necessary at all. Good bowel movement and a shower should do the trick.

5. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Funny you mention that video, I just watched it before I tried the first time. I also read that thread you mentioned on EC, and we tried again last night. It went alot better. I'm starting to really like bottoming, it seems so much more intimate than being on top.

6. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never said it was necessary, it was an option of something to try. I definitely don’t advocate using one of those ones that connect up in the shower that a person can give themselves a high colonic with. But there is nothing wrong, if you so chose, with doing a bowel rinse out before you shower and get ready.

Some folks prefer it as they believe they are a lot less likely to get “fudge on the popsicle”

7. smurf

Continuous use of enemas is bad for your colon health. You are flushing out all the good bacteria alongside everything else. Doing it every so often is totally okay, but I don't want new people to this to think they have to do it every single time. That sounds exhausting and its also not great for your health.

Everyone is nervous about an accident happening, but good nutrition combined with a shower is all you need. If you are with a long term partner, they should just understand that accidents will happen at some point. Just take a shower after and not big deal.

Angelica g and Poofter like this.
  8. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you feel about using a lube syringe? Especially if your partner is on the large side?

9. smurf

Not too familiar with them so can't give you an educated opinion on them. Never used them myself, but they looks safe from what I see online. Only thing of concern is how to get that much lube out of your butt, but I'm sure either the body will absorb most of it or just push it out.

Have you used them before? How do you like them?

#9 smurf, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  10. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have, when I was with a guy who was rather well endowed. Over 9. Anywho the first time was kind of rough and uncomfortable to the point I had to stop. I looked at an online article which I can’t find now which recommended the rinse out. And then lube internally with a syringe. So I picked one up. It didn’t really discuss the health effects of either, just that it may make it more pleasurable. So I used one full syringe, somewhere between .25 -.50 Oz of lube (totally guessing it’s really not a ton. Well the one I got anyway) and it was much more pleasurable. I didn’t get the discomfort I had before. Showered after and never had an issue.

You seem very knowledgeable about things and more how they may effect your health that’s why I asked about it.