1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting sexchange

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dazza, May 10, 2021.

1. Dazza

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi I am a 33 married Male who want to start the process to get a sexchange I have a wonderful wife and kids but I don't know how to tell them about what I want

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.

Just in case you do not know about me, I am a woman who was assigned male at birth (I have lived more than 18 years full time as a woman and been on hormone treatments for more than 30 years). There are many steps in transition and even many ways in which to do so. You should probably first spend a lot of time really thinking about what outcome you really want from this. A good first step is to consider what it really is that makes you think that you are actually a woman inside and then consider what you will need to do to express it. Not everyone wants to or needs to medically transition. Depending on what you need to do your family may be more or less accepting. Also, living as a transitioned person is not easy nor is the transition process. If you want to explore more and have specific questions there are people here (including me) who can answer those. There is also a thread where you can experiment with names and pronouns to see how you feel about that.

3. Minnie03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As with anything in a relationship, I would say that communication is very important. This would be a huge change for you and your family, and it can be impossible to know if a romantic partner will support you in your journey. As mentioned above, firstly you need to be sure about what you want, and it can help to have some kind of therapist to talk things through with if you have access to that. If you're already sure about your need to transition, then take some time to think about how to raise the topic with your partner, or maybe you can bring it up as something you're unsure about if you want to find a therapist together. Whatever happens, it's a difficult path to go down, even if it can feel like you have no choice. I tried avoiding it for myself for a long time but obviously it's not something that goes away. The main thing is that you understand the various ways it will affect your life, and then either talk things through with your partner or a therapist to figure out the next step. It's not easy but I wish you luck.