1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking Dead: Daryl and Merle

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberblaze, Mar 24, 2013.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I literally dropped to the floor and reached out toward Daryl during that whole scene shouting "noooo, my poor babies!" Norman was amazing in that scene, so was Merle's actor (forgot his name.) Right after the episode ended I seriously shouted "Oh I can't wait for Daryl to go all veritas aequitas on your ass, you one-eyed bastard! I'm calling Connor right now, you fuck! Time for some crossed gun Irish justice!" :lol: ...*ahem* I get really into my shows. :icon_redf

I'm hoping someone from the main group dies as well just to keep up with the "anyone could go at any moment" feel. I love Glenn, so I don't necessarily want it to be him. I will be upset if he dies even though he's been niggling me lately. Maye Maggie. Damn. I like her, too, but I would be a little less upset if she went over Glenn. I always make fun of her for being a total ninjamancer. She's the Liara of TWD (MassEffect reference.) :lol: I've grown to like her a lot, though, so I don't hold that against her. Now, if they killed her sister, Ms. Spotify then I really wouldn't feel much of anything. Eh, don't feel like we need the human jukebox around, unless she's gonna become essential next season, essential in a way besides being the hand that rocks the cradle. I actually think it would be a real eye opener to the group if the baby died. Kinda make me them ease up on this dream of settling down. Make them more rogue and rough, dare I say, squash a bit more of their hope. I know that sounds bad, but I like characters better when they're being whumped for a while. Things getting bad and sad instead of improving and super hopeful gives me greater feels towards a story. Then when they do get a little sliver of happiness/hope I feel happier for them than if they've been settled for a while and things just keep getting better. The latter makes me :sleep: just a tad.

Questions for comic book readers: Do they leave the prison? Do you think we might see them on the road, surviving for next season? Getting a little restless watching them stay in one place all the time, kinda takes away that sense of "adventure" and even danger for me. Also, does the story ever get more into the whys & hows of the zombies like they sort of did in the first season at the CDC? (Now, I do not want any details like who lives/dies/turns, where they go, what they do--none of that--just vague yes or no's.) You can message me with the answers or do the spoiler tags, whatever you want. Please, no major spoils. :slight_smile:

I actually enjoy the part of zombie stories where we learn about the zombies' condition in depth. I would totally want to be apart of the group that has a scientist or doctor on board that's studying them, trying to find a cure, being all science-y. ...I am a nerd, yes. My Aunt said that's a little too sci-fi for TWD, so it may be left to my imagination with this one. Ah well.

Anyway, very much looking forward to the finale. :grin: I too hope that Daryl gets to kill the Gov. He deserves to deliver that kill more than anyone at this point.

Glenn: "Hey what about me?! You know what he did to Mag-"
    Me: "Shut up Glenn...Jesus." :dry:

2. UndercoverGypsy

Shit. Can't edit it. If there's an admin, could they put what I said in a spoiler or write spoiler alert before it please?

---------- Post added 29th Mar 2013 at 07:00 AM ----------

Well, the comic books really don't dictate the series. If it did, well, some things would be different - I don't want to spoil more.

3. Emberblaze

Heh oh yeah, that IS true. I forget just HOW different the deaths are in the the comic and show. But anyways, glad to see a fellow WD-Comic reader ^^ we gotta PM about this sometime!

4. opti

good ep today?

5. prism

Isn't it the season finale? Daryl or Andrea better kill the Governor!

6. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well yeah, it's just a given that Norman Reedus is, um... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am going to miss Merle; he was a fun character to despise, and then he pulled a convincing 180 for the prison group. :tears: Oh Daryl! It's so not fair! :tears:

I'm so glad a zombie show can pull at my heart.

7. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

So I like The Walking Dead on Facebook and they posted a picture of Rick, Daryl, and Michonne, saying that 27 people will die tonight!!! The Governor better die tonight!!!!

8. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If that's true, then it's got to mostly be people from Woodbury. No surprise there :lol:

But I've been wondering about the herds. They've been roaming around out of sight for a while now, a huge fire fight is bound to draw their attention and then ZMFG!!!

Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be all kindsa gory surprises :badgrin:

9. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

As long as there's more walker killings tonight! They've been slacking on that all season!