1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Vote] Spirituality Vs Technology

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nicvcer, May 30, 2008.

?

Which is better to spend our time on? Evolving spiritually or technologically?

1. Spirituality

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. Technology

22 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Thanks for all your input guys, I really appreciate it! I thought this might be a half-and-half kind of thing but apparently people favor technology over spirituality.

I have grown up around technology my entire life, starting with Atari, moving to higher video game systems all the way to Ps3, and also computers - starting with populous - and now I make 3D graphics on computers to earn a living and can organize a computer file archive better than anyone I know. Not to mention being addicted to the internet.

Despite all the influence that technology has in my life, I still wish to abandon it, deep down inside my heart. I believe there is much more to life than computers. I have embarked on a spiritual journey, with the help of the internet and the people who populate it. So in a way my spirituality is entangled with technology. Also without technology I, and a lot of you guys and gals, would still be in the closet! Now that I am establishing connections with my own spirit, instead of just dredging around every day and ignoring my spirit, I feel I have a much fuller and happier life.

I would recommend to those of you who chose technology to try meditating at least once in the near future. Google how to do it, if you are unsure, or just ask me. You might be surprised how comforting it can be to recognize the power of your own spirit.

Again, thanks to everyone for your replies and votes! If you would like to speak further about the development of your own spirituality, send me a PM. I will be glad to help you begin your journey.

D

2. Girl

Spiritually, always spiritually =)

Technology is great, but I believe our future holds something far greater than any machine could accomplish.