1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Vote for the President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Robert, May 4, 2016.

?

Who would you vote for US President out of these two?

1. Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton

77.5%
  2. Donald John Trump

22.5%
  1. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're both awful. Oh well, make America great again *sigh*. Donald Trump.

Needless to say, if I could vote in this rather odd election I would not be voting for Trump or Clinton.

2. 2Sides

2Sides Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is like picking how you want to die.

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its funny cuz people will actually die whichever person gets the Presidency.

4. Simple Thoughts

Children in the middle east are gonna get murdered no matter who we choose for sure.

5. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Better someone who's rude than someone who will kill children with drones. Also, how is Trump homophobic? I feel like people just apply all of these bad things to Trump because people just assume he's bigoted in every way possible.

6. Simple Thoughts

Agreed. Trump is a lot of things, but homophobic is not on the list. Trump has a non-interventionist policy on LGBT people. His stance has been, "I don't care, someone else can deal with that."

As for foreign policy it's hard to say Trump won't also kill children with drones. One day he says that he'll target the families of suspected terrorists and kill them, other days he says he wants to stay out of it. I have no real clue where he stands on it, but now that he's taking donations and talking to special interests I'd say he'll wind up putting boots on the ground in the middle east like Bush did.

7. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There have been candidates who lost Ohio and won the election, but the last time that happened was in 1960, over a half decade ago when JFK lost Ohio to Nixon but won the presidency.

For the most part, you're right about Ohio being the swing state that decides who gets the presidency. There's a reason why it got more visits than 45 other states combined from Obama in 2012.

#47 BobObob, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  8. Simple Thoughts

I have no idea why Ohio is so important really, but it is.

My former state holds like 90% of the cards when it comes to deciding who's president. It's rare to lose ohio and win the presidency. Obviously you can't just pour all your resources into Ohio and forget all the rest of the states, but what you can do is focus more of your energy on Ohio than anywhere else which is what most politicians do.

9. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't pour all of your resources into Ohio; Some need to go to Florida.

On a more serious note, you almost can pour all of your resources into Ohio in the general election. Obama only visited 12 states in 2012, which means he avoided visiting over 3/4 of states during that time. Yet he won.

It's really because of the stupid electoral college system, and because every state except for Maine and Nebraska use a winner-take-all system for electoral votes. So it doesn't make sense to campaign in states that are safely liberal or conservative, like most states are. When you look at maps like this, it's pretty obvious why candidates focus on only a few states (note: the only 2 states that aren't winner-take-all, Maine and Nebraska, aren't "swing states").

Getting rid of the electoral college system, as well as allowing using the alternative vote, would fix so much of what's wrong about America's voting system.

#49 BobObob, May 6, 2016
  10. Nobo

Donald "light bulbs cause cancer, global warming dosnt exist and China invented it" trump?

11. ouji

ouji Guest

My main issue with Hillary is her stance on the death penalty. I know many people are going to disagree with me on this. I know a large percentage of Americans are for the death penalty, but I am adamately opposed to the death penalty. I've been opposed to it for as long as I can remember. Both Trump and Clinton are for it, and other than that one issue I agree with Hillary on everything. I just don't know if I can in good conscience vote for either one them.If she changed her Stance on that one issue, I would vote for her in a heartbeat.

12. Nobo

So you don't think a person that rapes tortures and kills a mother human being should be alowed to live possibly pay bail or their sentence isn't for life and they get back on the dsreet to do it again?

13. ouji

ouji Guest

There have been innocent people that have been put to death. It doesn't happen that often, but it does happen. I would rather error on the side of caution, and abolish it all together. Give them life without parole. Besides most countries have moved away from capital punishment. The top 5 countries to execute people are China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the United States. The death penalty shouldn't be applied in this day and age.

14. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course, that guy with the funny hair whose family immigrated, but is against immigration. Hard to miss. :lol:

He said he'll treat the country like he treats his business, little do they know he's went bankrupt four times despite having rich inheritance.

I just want intelligent and benevolent people in charge, too much to ask from USA?

15. Lazuri

That's not how bail works....

Bail is a sum of money that you pay to not have to stay in jail until your court date--if you show up in court, you get your bail back. You can't just pay your sentence away.

Death sentences are stupid; it solves nothing and it costs more to execute a prisoner than it costs to keep them imprisoned for life. No, I'm not making that up.

16. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I refuse to vote for either of these clowns.

donald trump.jpg

17. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    According to NPR, Hillary and Trump are two of the least-likable nominees in the history of the U.S. (since they started polling likeability at least).

So my question is: why did you vote for them? If you dislike them so much, why did you vote for them, American electorate? I just...I don't even...I gotta go take a walk...

18. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted for Kasich, so you can't blame me. It was a last minute decision between Sanders and Kasich. I only ended up voting for Kasich to stop Drumpf because I thought Hillary would win in a landslide in Michigan.

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even though I have strong anarcho-syndicalist sympathies, I'll answer the question as posed: given only the choice between the two, Clinton, who wants to make my life slightly inconvenient, versus Trump, who wants me dead, I'll go with Clinton.

Regardless of the outcome of the election, a substantial number of Americans are evil, and this poses a real problem for working class and LGBT folks. Whether Clinton wins or not, we still have HB2. We still have nation-wide violence against trans people, women, and people of color. We still have poverty, and neither party will ever change that because a substantial number of Americans are evil and don't want that changed. I don't know how to fight if you're supposed to start a revolution, but that requires buy-in from the regular idiots out in the population.

20. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At this point it doesn't matter, The United States is screwed anyways.

#60 Cauldron, May 6, 2016