1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vision Problems

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Steam Giant, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Steam Giant

Hi! :smilewave

I'm starting to get worried about a problem I've been having. I've discussed earlier stages of this problem in three seperate threads, and received some great advice, but it's, well, worsened.

Before I explain what's been going on, I'd like to indicate that getting checked out by a doctor really can't happen unless my outlook is dire. I make very little money, have no health insurance, am drowning in medical bills as it is, and was turned down for medical assistance. Also, my doctor doubles as my landlord, who threatens to evict my roomates and I every time I see him. So therefore, any advice you folks are able to give, any at all, will be greatly appreciated!

Okay, so here's the deal. If you don't want to read through those three links up there, there was a period of a few weeks that I really messed with my sleep scheduel. I tried to get back on it, but it's hard to sleep for more than about 4 hours now, so I sleep twice a day. All throughout the day, no matter how awake or full of energy I am, I'll occasionally have a very short lived dizzy spell, which vanishes as quickly as it comes on, just like it never happened.

Then there's my vision. One of those previous threads talks of how I've been seeing things. Well, that hasn't really stopped. Most of the time, my vision's normal, but very occasionally I'll see something out of the corner of my eye that turns out isn't there. But it really seems so real, and when I discover it wasn't, I get really creeped out. More recent examples of this are seeing a very small bug crawling across my work papers, or thinking I see a fruit fly buzzing around me. Again, these are only out of the corner of my eye.

What isn't out of the corner of my eye is when, again not that often, I'll see a little vertical line go by, like the kind you see when watching a movie. It's fast and very hard to notice, but it's there. It's not every day that I see something like this, but can tend to be every other day, occasionally more frequently (two days in a row) or less frequent (3-4 days without an occurrence).

That about covers it. Again, any advice at all on this will be greatly appreciated! Particularly if these symptoms seem to point as some possible medical problems. Thanks in advance ^^

2. Tim

Tim

I'd like some info on this as well, my sleep schedule was messed up similar to yours and I'm having all of the same symptons you have, although I don't have them when I put my glasses on (which aren't really needed -.-), I don't wear glasses around the house. (Most recently, I saw my mom sitting on the couch when she wasn't even at home...)

Do you have glasses? Or gone to an eye doctor to see if you need them? They work for me, but I'd like to know if anyone else besides the OP has experience with this as well :/

3. Steam Giant

Yay, I'm not alone!! (*hug*) I'm 20/20, though I'm colorblind (can see every color, but similar colors look alike). I'm also dyslexic, but that;s a learning disability, not a visual impairment. I also suffer from a few mental disorders (MDD and BPD, as seen in my profile), which is why I am so terrified that this could be the big "S" word ; ;

4. TriBi

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Well if the problem is with your eyes, I reckon you should eat food thats good for your eyes like.. carrots, more vitamins and stuff

6. gilca

It started like 9 months ago when i started seeing little shadowy thing cross my view just like u ... and what it was was Eye Floaters ... i also have a VERY BAD sleep schedule ...... i have class starting monday from 9am to 12pm then i have to be back at 5pm until 9pm i go home and then i have to be back from 5am to 12pm <---- this one is the killer lol then i can go home and be back at 9am next day so basically i sleep every 2 days:thumbsup:

7. That's what I have, floaters. They're harmless and just annoying but its nothing serious unless you have numerous ones and see flashes of light and other distortions like the link says.

8. Steam Giant

I've had floaters my whole life, actually, though I never knew the name for them until recently. I'm inclined to believe that they're not involved with this problem. Even the little things I see (the bugs) move like bugs, not floaters. That, and the most extreme thing I've seen was the door to my room open. If floaters can do that, geez, maybe NASA should be looking into them!

Thanks for the suggestion ^^ don't get me wrong, any input at all is good input! (*hug*)