1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Games only YOU have played

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by djt820, Aug 16, 2010.

1. frostreaver

Eh, I've played both. Bloodlines was quite buggy when it was released and the graphics ugh, Half Life 2 engine and it looks terrible. I played a Tremere vampire and tried a Malkavian but ran into a bug that prevented me from progressing.

As for Redemption, I can't really remember much. It's been like 10 years since I've played that lol.

2. VampConspiracy

Yeah, I know Bloodlines was pretty buggy. There's the Crash to Desktop at the end of the Society of Leopold that requires either (a) an unofficial patch, such as the True Patch or (b) some Googlicious and arcane console commands.

And don't get me started about that bar over the door in Ming Xiao's temple.

3. Root

Secret Agent (back in the early 90's)
    Crusader: No Regret (brilliant game)

...and
    Blue and Red 1, Blue and Red 2; I made them when I was 12 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. GhostDog

A-frickin'-men. I loved that game. Absolutely gorgeous and just amazing generally. <3

I distinctly remember playing a game in my elementary school days that was basically a truck-driving simulator. Except you didn't actually drive anything, it was more of a "click this place and go" thing. I think it was basically some kind of "here's how commercial truck drivers do their job!" thing. You picked which roads to drive, when to stop and eat/refuel/sleep, and... I can't remember a whole lot else. I remember really liking it though I can't for the life of me remember why I liked it, because that sounds really lame. And nobody else remembers the damn game! Probably for good reason. I don't remember what it was called, either. >:/

5. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Yup! I used to borrow the CD-ROM of Dungeon Keeper 2 off my old next door neighbour and basically hog it for months on end playing the game. I remember thinking that the graphics were pretty fantastic for the time in which it was released, and the animations were pretty awesome too (throwing tons of your own imps into the dungeon heart is still kinda funny to me).

I had no idea it's now become abandonware, I'll have to see if I can try and download it again or something.

6. Mana

Anyone played Touhou?

7. x2x2x2x2y2

I had a few PS1 games that were awesome. There was this one called Devil Dice. My brother and I used to play it a lot. There was also this Rugrats miniture golf game. And this Looney Toons racing game.

8. Geradeth

The Klonoa games are another beloved franchise of mine that doesn't get nearly as much recognition as it deserves!! T_T
    Don't let the cute, "kiddy" style fool you! These games had some devious/tricky/challenging puzzles and gameplay, plus the stories sometimes dealt with surprisingly heavy stuff. The twist end to the first game (Door to Phantomile) is one of the few games that ever made me cry!! Incredible music too!!!!

Trailer for the Wii remake of the PS1 Door to Phantomile)
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1FqGEJi560[/YOUTUBE]

Gamplay example from the sequel; Lunatea's Veil
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8LPmBzyY_w[/YOUTUBE]

9. Shevanel

I played a shit ton of Lucas Arts games when I was little.

I wonder if anyone remembers Rebel Assault 2? =P

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66QH65aIy8o&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]

SO FUCKING GOOD xD This level made me cry so many times from its difficult though >_>

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2010 at 11:48 PM ----------

SPEAKING OF STAR WARS GAMES

[​IMG]

I don't remember it being a great game by any means, BUT HOLY SHIT THE NOSTALGIA.

which leads me to Vigilante 8. A far less popular Vehicular Combat game than Twisted Metal, but I always felt like Twisted Metal stopped being good after they took off from 2.

But Vigilante 8 Was so badass and awesome.

I'm sure people have played at least Vigilante 8 though >_>

[​IMG]

#49 Shevanel, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  10. Helen

Helen Guest

I played Dragon Warrior Monsters on my Gameboy back in the day, I genuinely have never met ANYONE else who has ever played that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don't think that many people still play System Shock 2 anymore either, or Final Doom/Ultimate Doom/Doom 2. I tell you, getting SS2 to run on my Vista laptop took some doing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

"Mystic Heroes" lol I used to love this game when I was like 9. Now looking back on it the voice acting was like 2 Girls 1 Cup for my ears lol. Btw, the guy who made the video totally says my exact thoughts with the little notes at the top of the screen lol.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0hNdK2Nvo[/YOUTUBE]

#51 GoinStag, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  12. RedKnight

umm, believe it was called muppets: party cruise. i had it on ps2 but probably came out on xbox also. loads on mini games but was pretty enjoyable to play. me and my mates would play it and we were 16 at the time XD

13. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    tetris for thye gameboy, in my opinion the best tetris. ive played many diffrent types from roms to flash, and even a few java's but the tetris that is the best has got to be the one for the gameboy. i know you've al heard about it but tetris for the gameboy dosn't get the recognition it deserves.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYY4T3DQExY[/YOUTUBE]

14. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    OMG YES. Ōkami is my favorite game of all time, seriously. I absolutely adore it. Beautiful visuals, awesome puzzles, funny characters and dialogue, and it's such a long game that it keeps you busy for HOURS without ever getting bored. It's just amazing.

(seriously if you're reading this and have never played it YOU NEED TO GO BUY IT AND PLAY IT LIKE RIGHT NOW)

But, anyway. Back on the topic of more obscure games, the only ones that really come to mind are Mystical Ninja and Goemon's Great Adventure for N64. They're part of a series (there's another one that came out for GameBoy I think, but I never had it) that was way more well known in Japan than it ever was here. They're very strange games, with some hilariously bad translation and very weird characters, but they still stick out as part of my gaming childhood. xD

Also, and I know these aren't exactly obscure and most of you have probably heard of them, but they're definitely underrated: the Paper Mario series. Paper Mario for N64, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door for GC, and Super Paper Mario for Wii. I love that series, and I have since I was a kid. xD

15. VampConspiracy

Koudelka (PSX)
    [youtube]EJN5mZTvi2M[/youtube]

Eh... how would you describe it...
    It is a precursor to the Shadow Hearts series and takes place within the same universe. There's an odd mix of RPG and survival horror, with battles taking place in a grid system that flows more slowly than frozen molasses. You will spend a whole LOT of time fighting one simple random battle.

...At least the voice acting and characters aren't so damn annoying.

16. VampConspiracy

One word: Doomsday.

...so okay, since ATI hates my laptop and OpenGL refuses to work properly on it, I wanna scream. Oh, and the source port won't work on it. AAARGH.

I've also played Doom in a source port that looks more like the original game, but getting the original Windows engine to work on anything based on NT is nigh impossible. And I messed with the other original engine for DOS in DosBox.

There's also Heretic, using a modified version of the same original engine.

17. wherewulfe

shadow of the colossus. i seriously bought a ps2 after i sold my first one just to play that and some other games again

also psychonauts

#57 wherewulfe, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  18. Level N Human

^ I bought Shadow of the Colossus before I bought a PS2. Also I am planning to get Psychonauts as soon as I have the time to play it!

Some underlooked games I've never heard others mention:

Master of Orion (PC)
    Terminal Velocity (PC)
    Chip's Challenge (PC)
    Paganitzu series(PC)
    Sleuth (PC)

Twin Bee (NES)
    Quarth (NES)
    Sweet Home (NES)
    Warpman (NES)

Rhythm Tengoku (GBA)
    Guru Logic Champ (GBA)
    Kuru Kuru Kururin (GBA)
    Bit Generation series (GBA)

EVO: Search for Eden (SNES)
    Famicom Tantei Club II (SNES)
    Radical Dreamers (SNES CD)

Kolibri (Sega 32X)

Chulip (PS2)

Gun Mute (Independent text adventure)
    Where We Remain (Independent game)

Sampler below:

[​IMG]
    Paganitzu

[​IMG]
    Quarth

[​IMG]
    Bit Generations

[​IMG]
    EVO: Search for Eden

[​IMG]
    Kolibri

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtKdgteqsQE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    Chulip

#58 Level N Human, Aug 30, 2010
  19. Iniquity

I used to have a really old system named the Turbo Grafx-16 from my grandfather. There was a great game named Blazing Lazers on it, all you had to do was shoot. So much fun. Looks like it had a secondary name, Gunhed. When I moved it got lost...

Gunhed Area 1

20. VampConspiracy

LSD: Dream Emulator (PSX/Japanese Exclusive)
    Oh, the wonders of the Internet. You screw around on a site like TV Tropes, and the obscene number of hyperlinks lands you on top of a gem. Or a large, stinking pile of dung; depends on how your goggles and oxygen tank are adjusted..

LSD is pretty much exactly what is says on the tin. Sure, all the FMVs tell you something like "in Laughter the Spiritual Dream," "in Logic the Symbolic Dream," or "in Linking the Sapient Dream." There's documentation referencing "Lovely Sweet Dream." But in just a few minutes on the 'Tube (or the game), you will know the true meaning: lysergic acid diethylamide.

There is no plot. There is no point other than to explore an ever-changing dream land with textures becoming creepier and creepier as the day counter goes up. Your character's footsteps are deafening for some reason. Yet... it's mesmerizing. Just... see for yourself (I recommend MikeNnemonic's LP series):

[YouTube]qUzxbmduww8[/YouTube]

#60 VampConspiracy, Aug 30, 2010