1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vice Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by George1, Oct 2, 2008.

1. I don't remember which topic it was on, or what exactly she said, but Palin like completely belittled Biden with a "gosh darnit, Joe" and a cutesie little smile like you might use with a three-year-old. Agh! He's an adult! Talk to him/about him as such!

2. Nodnarb

Same here. But they realize that its crap like that (and attacking the media) that will win over conservatives.

3. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Oh I know, I bet that they ate up the whole soccer mom persona that she put on tonight.

Another thing that I really hated was when Biden gave that answer to whether or not he believes in gay marriage. He was so quick to make sure that he said "no" to appease all the stupid homophobic people in our country (both Democratic and Republican), and then give the generalized democratic follow up answer of, "but we support then in every other civil matter." So lame forever. :***:

4. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably going to get a lot of flak for this one, but I think Palin took it tonight. She said what she needed to say, proved what she sought to and it's going to pay off.

5. Amy

Amy

this is beautiful

i love how that the jiffy that palin opens her mouth, the reactions go WAY down.

binden has only made a few dumb-ass remarks.

i really want to bitch slap palin.

God, shes pissing me off.

im going to find a fan-account for her on facebook, add her, then bitch slap her on super poke.

6. Amy

Amy

did she really just say that biden voted for the war, and is just now opposing it?

bitch, you want to abbolish abbortion and call yourself a feminist. you say that you have gay riends, but you dont even believe that homosexuality is "ok". you have no right to call anyone a hypocrite.

what now, viwnf? oh, and you will never be a maverick.

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    About that, I loved Biden's piece on why John McCain has not been a maverick since he was in the army. I wanted to reach into the TV and shake his hand. Rarely do I get that feeling for politicians.

8. Amy

Amy

honestly, i dont really like biden, but palin can go jump into a glacier. not sure how that would work, but ill figure it out.

i just finished it, and i want to slap her even more.

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I view it at the moment of "Ok, they're all crap, but who's the least crap of all?"

So when thinking like that, Obama/Biden win hands down lol.

10. Zak

Zak

Well, i watched it, then got bored so went to bed. I saw the whole thing. For the first few questions, the coordinator had to re-ask the question b.c either Biden or Palin didn't answer it. Wow, she really bugged me last night. She kept talking about the same stuff pretty much.

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A large number of reporters and poll participants are saying that Palin did much better than they expected, but that's what you get when your expectations are in Antarctica. She could have gotten on stage and eaten a cow and her approval ratings would have gone up. As well as she did here compared to her interviews, Biden still steamrolled her.

12. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL! Totally. Biden looked serious, as if he was there for a reason, and Palin just looked like she was there because she had to be there and the fake smile on her face...

13. I think Sarah Palin did really well last night. I'm proud of her.

14. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Same

I laughed when Biden went on about gay rights, but when asked if he believed he or Obama believe in gay marriage he immediately said "no :|".

15. Amy

Amy

if you werent pro-gay rights would you vote for someone who wanted to legalize gay marriage?

one of my friends told me that he took a shot whenever biden said john or mccain, and he now thinks he has cirrhosis. :slight_smile:

16. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

Though neither of the VP candidates are in favor of gay marriage (Biden supports civil unions, though), I'm happy the topic was brought up in the first place and discussed civilly.

Hey, it's a start. :newcolor:

#56 aaaaaa, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2008
  17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    OK, tax records have been released now.

Republican John McCain's campaign says Sarah and Todd Palin had a gross income of nearly $170,000 last year and paid nearly $25,000 in taxes.
    The campaign also says the couple made nearly $130,000 and paid about $12,000 in taxes in 2006.

I did a search as to what exactly is "middle income". On wikianswers it says that if you have to ask the question you are either upper class or lower. lol I guess I'm lower because I KNOW I'm not upper.

18. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She'd be upper middle class, Becky. [just searched up]

19. LOVEjames

I'm honestly not going to really bother reading all of the responses. :x It's nearly 2am and I just can't sleep. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aaaaaanyways, the only real comment I have on the debate is the fact that Palin wasn't original at all. I mean, honestly. You could see where she was reading off of it. And I don't want a Vice President that is scripted. I want someone with a little bit of personality and originality. I get that you need a bit of a script and whatnot, but seriously. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: