1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA: What do you look for in the next president

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Some Dude, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Manitoban

As for guns I should say Canada has more guns per capita but far less gun related incidents. I honestly think it's a cultural things partially. It's also the lack of proper care of guns. You don't just leave them lying around. Trigger lock them put them in a safe and put the ammunition elsewhere.

No you can't defend your self that way but honestly you have a low chance of success "defending" your self.

2. In what way do you want the president to balance the federal budget other than cutting military?

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Interest in keeping the playing field level for everybody. A pro-equality president is the most important one.
    2. Interest in listening to scientists. This one is very big, because they're the ones who update us on how the planet we're living on is doing.
    3. Interest in progression, instead of traditionalism. A country cannot survive to move into the future with its roots stuck in the past.

Keep all 3, and you're closer to world piece than you could ever hope.

4. M104

M104 Guest

Unfortunately that's probably the most sensible thing I've seen on here so far. Everything debated on just fits a narrow spectrum of political discourse, which does nothing to change the underlying structure that created the social issues to begin with.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Someone who will address the serious and widening economic and social inequalities in American society. For the most part, I support what Obama has been doing, and I don't want to see the progress he has made destroyed through tax cuts, spending cuts (American science/medical research is going downhill), and a hawkish military policy.

6. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hopefully someone who doesn't won ten houses

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Increasing taxes on those making more than $250,000 for one, plus raising the corporate and capital gains tax.

8. Burnedcloset

some one who is going to help the transgender community. With rights and visibility.

9. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    -pro LGBT
    -not a feminist (but not necessarily an anti-feminist)
    -wants to protect the environment. No matter what a candidate's views on other issues are, I will not vote for somebody who thinks global warming is a hoax, or thinks that the environment is not a serious and urgent issue. This is the biggest one for me because I am scared of the future.
    - pro-choice. But I don't think women's right to have an abortion is going to be taken away soon, although some people are worried.
    I don't like how much of a feminist Obama is, but overall I think he's a good president.

10. However, tax increases can only do so much... Also, since we have one of the highest corporate tax bracket out of all countries, it could cause some businesses to leave the U.S. I don't truly like having corporations paying less taxes, but I don't like it even more when businesses leave the U.S. It should be lowered to 30% to even things out. Hey, we might even get some foreign business moving to the U.S and have even more corporate taxpayers!

To balance the budget, spending needs to be cut, even painful ones. It's a nice idea for retirees with high incomes to receive less benefits for Social Security and Medicare.

#70 anthonythegamer, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
  11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Electability. I really don't care about anything more than winning, and so I believe we should nominate the candidate that appeals to the most voters. Scary that I actually agree with Barry Goldwater on something...