1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unrequited love - the woman I love has a gf

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by summer06, Oct 27, 2017.

1. summer06

summer06 Guest

Hello everyone,
    I’m new to this forum.

I want some advice regarding my terrible heart break experience.

A couple of months ago, I met a beautiful, strong and smart woman.
    I was actually so touched by her presence, that I wasn’t even able to say hi.
    I didn’t know she was a lesbian, so I just let the feelings be, without going too far.
    One month after seeing her, I found out she is a lesbian. It was one of the best days ever, I was finally ready to act, to try to talk to her.
    2 days later I found out she had just started seeing someone. A fresh relationship. Yes, when I saw her for the first time she was single.
    She found someone a couple of days after I started having a crush on her.
    Months later, I’m still into her.
    I can’t see her with her gf.
    What hurts me the most is the fact that she didn’t have the chance to meet me as a person.
    I feel a connection with her, but I’m scared and jealous.
    What should I do?
    My heart is broken is and it hurts me.
    I sometimes think I will never find someone.
    All women seem to be either straight or taken.
    I still want to be her friend, I want to give her the chance to know me.

2. mlansing

Nothing wrong with being friends with her, but instead of focusing solely on her I would try looking around elsewhere. We all feel at times that we're not going to find someone, but very few people don't end up with anyone so just remind yourself that at the end of the day you're really not that special :slight_smile: And who knows, you may have another opportunity down the line where she is single again, but in the meantime for your own sanity I think it'd be best to try meeting other people.

3. Truna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean the biggest thing that sticks out to me is that you've never actually even talked to the woman. It sounds blunt, but that seems more like infatuation than love. You deserve more than that. :slight_smile: