1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unaturally warm up here in Fargo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pace e amore, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, it definitely feels like early spring. Usually it's quite colder this time of year, especially at night, but it's been exceptionally warm this winter, even for Las Vegas.

2. SlickyPants

I found it a little unsettling to wake up on Thursday to see the snow melting. It's January, I shouldn't be able to see the grass yet, let alone go to work without a coat. Don't get me wrong, it was kind of nice not having to dress up to go outside but it is certainly not usual for here (only about a 4 hour drive from Fargo).

Pretty much the whole winter has been unseasonably warm this year. The parka has only been dusted off once for a day when it dipped to about -25° C but other than that it has been fairly mild.

3. Harve

I agree with climate change completely, but there have and always will be periods of unseasonable mildness and cold. Only the frequency of their occurence is linked to climate change. But the fact that they're happening is simply weather, not climate. The atmosphere is just set up so that cold remains bottled up north.

4. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's the same here in Norway.. we actually had 12 C on Christmas Eve 2011, which is NOT normal at all. We usually have around 0 degrees, either a few plus degrees or a few minus that time a year, but 12 degrees?!?! WTF? It's spring temperatures, not winter! I can't remember a winter we had 12 frikkin degrees! And these mild temps lasted for a few days too, until it got somewhat colder.. then it was "only" around 5 or 6 degrees C, which is still pretty mild, but at least not as bad as 12 C. And we still don't have much snow, it's still mild. We had one snowfall this winter, and that was early December 2011, before the mild weather started. And we've had mild weather, plus degrees, for over a month now. I can't remember a winter this warm, and with so little snow. It's weird. Definitely global warming!

5. catcherinrye2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Here in Michigan, it was way too warm yesterday. Almost ended up taking down Christmas lights because of it.