1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh Friday Again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChandlerCurious, Feb 8, 2013.

1. ChandlerCurious

Probably seems strange to have a title where I'm upset its the beginning of the weekend. This is because its that time again to go to the bars with friends and they mean well but they constantly want to fix me up with someone. Unfortunately I'm not interested in what they think I am but I am not ready to tell them why I am not interested. It makes going out so difficult.....sigh what is a questioning guy to do :bang:

2. Minx

Go out on your own for evening? :3

3. ChandlerCurious

Funny you should mention that. I have to travel for my job and I have tried that since afterall I am in a city where no one knows me why not test the waters. The problem here is I am extremely shy and find that I am just sitting alone in a corner of a bar. A horrible catch 22...don't want to go out alone but don't want to tell anyone so I can go out and be myself with friends. I am just a hot mess....scratch that just a straight up mess :eusa_doh:

4. Minx

Ah :slight_smile:

There's nothing wrong with sitting alone in the corner. It's fun to people watch :grin:

Or at least it is from a loner's perspective. :lol:

5. Cthulhu

Maybe tell your friends you're uncomfortable going to the bar and prefer to do something else? If they're your friends, I'm certain they would understand.

6. prism

Just tell them that you don't to be set up. If you don't make a big deal out of it, they won't either. They're your friends, you shouldn't have to tip-toe around them, so just tell them the truth. You don't have to have a date to go drinking with friends.