1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to remember the title of a movie I about fifteen years ago

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mogget, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Mogget

I saw it on VHS, so it could be much older. No idea how well it holds up, but I liked it at the time. I'll try to summarize it here, but it's gonna sound really stupid: it's about this brother and sister who are trying to remember who they are and where they come from, getting longer and longer flashbacks as time goes on. They have psychic powers, but I think the brother's requires him to play a harmonica. Anyway, it turns out they're aliens and eventually the leave Earth in a spaceship.

Anyone familiar with this movie? I only saw it once and don't remember much. Is it any good, or should I be glad it's gone into the recesses of my memory?

2. Chickzak

I have no clue, but know how its so annoying when you forget something you really want to remember, like a movie or a book name!
    Sounds really cool though XD

3. Markio

Escape to Witch Mountain!!! When they put their palms together they create purple light! And they go to this store where there's this man who wears purple clothes, and at the end all these other twins appear. I totally saw this movie!

EDIT: Based on what you said about the harmonica, you probably saw the 1975 version. I saw the 1995 version.

#3 Markio, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  4. Tim

Tim

Yea, that's definitely Escape to Witch Mountain. There's a few different versions though. I grew up loving the one Disney remade in the 90s. xD

^It wasn't a remake. It was a re-imagining.

EDIT: As Markio said, based on a few points from your post, you probably saw the 1975 version. I grew up with the 1995 version. The 1975 one has a spaceship. The 1995 one just has them go through a "portal."

#4 Tim, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012