1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to find my way after a difficult relationship

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by C H, Apr 15, 2023.

1. C H

C H

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new to Empty Closets and am here to seek support and understanding after a challenging and confusing relationship that lasted for a year. I am a bisexual man, and my discreet relationship with another man recently ended. No one in my life knows about my bisexuality, which has left me feeling lonely and isolated since I haven't been able to share my feelings with others.

Throughout our year-long relationship, my ex-partner and I shared intense emotional and physical experiences. However, when I expressed my feelings and desire for a relationship, he didn't want the same. Despite that, he continued to keep our connection alive, giving me hope that something might develop. In the end, I was left feeling used and uncertain about myself.

During our time together, I questioned whether I should embrace this new side of me, but ultimately, the relationship ended, and I was left feeling hurt and betrayed.

Now, I'm trying to recover and rebuild my life, focusing on my studies as a pre-med student and preparing for the upcoming MCAT. It's been a challenging time, and I still have days when I feel down. I'm looking to connect with others who have experienced similar situations, learn from your experiences, and find a supportive community where I can share my thoughts and feelings without judgment.

2. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome CH. You will surely find the support and help you need here. it's a welcoming environment with people of all types and varying experiences, some of them just like the one you described.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    CH.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When I first joined Empty Closets I was in need of a lot of support and encouragement and I found it here…EC is a safe place. I hope that you'll find good things here too! Folks here will talk to you and share...you don't have to be afraid of asking questions...we're glad to have you! In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Sexual Orientation”, there are people there who have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you. There are a lot of folks who have been through situations similar to yours and I'm pretty sure that they will reply to your post with encouraging words. I came out here on Empty Closets and for my first year EC was the only place where I could talk about my sexuality. As I said, I got a lot of help and support during that year before I finally came out to my newly found therapist face-to-face. We are here for you. You are a part of our LGBTQ Family and we do care. :old_smile:

Some info on how to navigate EC:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can always send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi C H, welcome to EC. Glad you are here. The comfort and support you seek are here as well. There are so many with similar issues and we all are sorting out our own questions, concerns, fears while we make our way to a new normal. This platform is amazingly helpful. Jump in.